Part 2 - The Agreement

I woke up the next morning excited to go see my new friend again but the second I opened my eyes I heard my father shouting my name
"What is it dad!" I shouted.
"Come down here I need to talk to you!" He shouted back.
As I made my way down the stairs a saw him standing with a confused and worried look on his face. As much as I hated what he had done and was doing he was still my father and it hurt deeply to see him like this. I walked up to him giving him a quick hug and saying good morning before I asked what was wrong.
"Oh nothing y/n it's just... I need to go another hunt for new dragons and if I don't Drago won't be happy," he sulked.
"But dad-" I started but he never let me finish.
"Y/n you and me both knew he would need me again me and him have an agreement and I can't go back on that," he said with a heavy sigh whilst rubbing his temples.
"This is so unfair you will be gone for weeks!" I shouted, eyes full of tears before storming out the house and running towards the forest. What had started as a great day had became a horrible one.

As I reached the cave from the day before I called out to amethyst. Half of me wasn't expecting a reply but when I got one I was over the moon! I ran up and hugged her round her chest, she seemed confused and tense at first but slowly softened and lent info my touch. I started sobbing while ranting about my father and Dragos agreement to her.
"H-he made an agreement with Drago years ago a-and it was to leave and capture whatever dragon they found for him any time he asked. M-my dad had to agree because Drago held my mother hostage b-but even when my father agreed Drago still k-killed my mother in front of him. I was still at h-home I c-could have helped b-but he had signed and it was too late." I sobbed into Amethysts chest. She cooned in a way that made me feel like she was trying to reassure me everything would be alright and that it wasn't my fault. Deep inside I knew it wasn't anyway as I was only 6 there is just a part of me that felt I could have done something.
"Oh amethyst what am I going to do. I can't convince him to not go since Drago will kill him too and at the end of the day my dad loves killing dragons so he won't stop," Amethyst snarled at the last few words and I realised what I had said.
"Sorry girl I shouldn't have said that to you please don't be scared I'm not like him," I said gently as I sat down and she put her head in my lap. We stayed like that for a while in silence before I spoke up again.
"Amethyst I'm so confused. I know my father is a bad man and he has hurt so many dragons but he's not heartless, deep down I know he is just following what he has always known - but at the same time I don't know because he seems to enjoy it," with those last few words I burst into tears but I know what I have to do. I need to leave and just not look back.

I left my dragon and started the long trek back to my home. The whole way there I was thinking of the pros and cons of my decision. I mean sure I would miss my father and he would miss me and of course there's the problem of who would run the village - although I'm pretty sure it would be his right hand man Enouch - but Atleast I would get away from this awful place.
"Ugh I don't know what to do!" I shouted.
"Do about what?" I heard my father's voice say.
"Oh nothing," I mumbled
"Alright then come on let's go home."

That night I sat tossing and turning thinking on what to do. Eventually I decided it would be best to just write a note and leave tonight, I left a note saying - Hello father, by the time you read this I will already be gone. I hate to see the way you treat dragons and I can't stand it anymore, I also can't stand the thought of seeing you hurt by Drago. I will always love you and hold you in my heart.
~ Y/n

And with that I left towards the forest, not once looking back.

———

A/N

SO GUYS THATS ANOTHER CHAPTER DONE!
SORRY THEY ARE QUITE SHORT IM STILL NEW TO ALL THIS
IM GOING TO TRY UPLOAD AT LEAST 8 CHAPTERS A WEEK SEE YOU IN THE NEXT ONE 🙂