Part 3 - Land Ahead!

As I reached the cave I called out for amethyst and she ran over popping out her head, giving me her cute little gummy smile.
"Come on girl we're leaving," I gently said stroking behind her ears. She seemed to be confused so I told her what happened and she gave me a sad look
"I'm okay girl don't worry let's just get going."
The sun was beginning to rise and I knew we had to hurry up and leave so after one last check I had everything I went to climb on. That's when I realised this plan was not very well thought out.
"Okay Amethyst could you lower yourself down a little. Em I haven't exactly ever sat on a dragon before," I said softly with a slight chuckle. She gurgled what seemed to be a laugh at me as if to say 'are you kidding y/n it's not that hard'

Once she had lowered herself I managed to climb on.
" Hm see I knew this would be eas- AHHHHHHHH!"
Just as I was adjusting myself on properly she took off at speed before eventually slowing down to a smooth glide above the clouds.
"Wow girl this view is breathtaking," I said as I stared in awe at the view around me. She let out a coo as if to say 'I know'. We glided in silence for a few hours before I started to get really uncomfortable.
" wow I'll need to make some sort of saddle or something this is getting so uncomfortable," I let out a groan. Suddenly Amethyst shot forward causing me to slightly loose my balance but she tipped to the side slightly to push me back up. I wondered why she had became so energetic all of a sudden and then that's when I seen it,
"Land ahead!" I shouted with joy as Amethyst cooed happily beneath me.
"Well done girl you've found an amazing place" I patted her showing my appreciation as we landed.

After exploring a small portion of the island we decided to settle down for the night as it was getting quite late.
"Okay girl I'll get some small sticks, keep an eye out incase you see anything or anyone coming please."
I walked away to get the sticks with my dragon staying a small distance away lying down but ready to fire if anything came to harm me.
After I had finally found enough wood for the fire Amethyst helped me to light it and after I had said my thanks to her we both went to sleep, her lying on her stomach and me leaning against her with her wing wrapped around me.

~Dream~

"Go, Y/n into the forest you can't be here just now!"
"But why dad?" I questioned.
I turned around to see my whole village up in flames. Mothers and baby's running towards the forest to get away from the deadly fire.
"Y/n please just go," my father sighed with heavy empathy
"Okay dad I love you," I said as I took off running with the other family's.
"Drago you won't take my village!" My father shouts through the screaming of villagers and roaring of dragons.
"Fine have it your way I'll take your wife instead!" Drago screamed back.
With that he took off taking his armoured dragons and my mother with him.
"Alcka no!" My dad sobbed watching my mother getting taken away. For the first time he felt useless and venerable.

~ dream ends ~

"No, no mother come back!" I wake up drenched in wet and tears with Amethyst wide awake looking terrified beside me,
"Sorry girl it was just a nightmare you can sleep'" I whispered gently to her, patting her warm scales. I really was lucky to have her here with me. I'm no time I fell back asleep but this time it was dreamless.

"Hello?"
"Who is she?"
"Get up"
"Guys we shouldn't wake her"
"Why is a girl just sleeping herself out here?"

Hearing commotion around me I woke up, only to realise my dragon wasn't there and seeing 6 pairs off eyes staring at me
"My dragon, what have yous done with her!"
I practically screamed in their faces.
" hey, hey chill out we haven't seen any dragon no need to kill us!" A short black haired boy exclaimed.
And as if on queue Amethyst jumped out a bush snarling at the people in front of me,
" AHHHHHH!" The same black haired boy screamed jumping into the chubby blonde haired boy beside himself arms. I found myself giggling slightly at this and putting my hand on my dragons head to calm her down.
" Don't worry, we won't hurt you. We have dragons too," a brunette boy with the most gorgeous green eyes said to me. I am not sure why but I fully trusted every word he said.

"Toothless come here," he spoke again.
Suddenly a night fury with big green eyes came charging over to the boy near enough landing on top of him. The dragon who I assumed was named Toothless spotted me and made his way over.
"Hello toothless, oh wow you are gorgeous," I said as I scratched under his chin.
"Wow he never usally trusts people that fast" the boy says again.
This makes me light up a tad. Maybe I am special?
Amethyst seemed very intrigued by this over dragon and slowly crept over to him and before I knew it they were playing like they had knew each-other their whole life!
"You know I never thought I would see another night fury, this is amazing!" The brunette boy said happily
"Me neither," I replied grinning from ear to ear.

————

A/N
ANOTHER CHAPTER FINISHED YAY!
So you've started to meet the gang ( I couldn't wait to start this ) what will happen next?