Part 6 - Confusion

Y/N POV
———
The next day I was up quite early so I decided to feed Amethyst and Toothless and head out for a flight. The sky was the most amazing colours like orange, pink and purple (my favourite ). It had been a while since just me and Amethyst had went flying and it was nice for it to be just me and her again.

"Come on girl, up up up!" I shouted as we soared up into the clouds before slipping backwards and diving back down, we then flew along the top of the sea creating massive waves behind us.
"Yes we done it perfectly!" I exclaimed.
"Come on let's try the free fall" I said patting amethyst on her head
"Okay, now!"
I jumped off the back of my saddle and dived down towards the sea before putting my arms out in a starfish position to slow myself down slightly. Amethyst came beside me as we spun round each other in the air, she gave me a gummy smile and then slotted herself under me so I was sitting on my saddle again.
"Woohooo that was amazing!"
Amethyst cooed happily underneath me.

After around an hour of flying and doing all sorts of tricks Astrid came up to us
"Hey Y/n. Mind if I join?"
"Of course not. The more the merrier!"
Astrid had always been kind and helpful and I loved being in her company.
"So Y/n what's your opinions on Hiccup?"
I was taken aback by her question and felt my face getting hotter and hotter
"Well I guess he's em a nice friend. I erm would even consider him my best friend," I sounded so stupid.
"Geez chill out Y/n I was just joking but I see the way you look at him. You loveeee him!" She teased as my face got more red.
"Do not!"
"Yes you do!"
"No I don't! He's just a friend!"
"Okay if you say so" Astrid said with a slight laugh
"Anyways, want to race?" I said changing the subject to end the awkwardness. Of course night fury's were usually faster than a deadly nadder but astrid had a few tricks up her sleeve so it was always a close call.
" Of course I love racing!" Astrid said with a grin.
"Alright. 1, 2, 3!" And with that we were off, flying at what felt like the speed of light. Astrid was catching up so I flew up into the clouds to loose her, hopefully making her think she was winning.
" okay girl, dive!" I yelled through the wind to amethyst and we dived down towards the sea, using the trick we had practiced earlier to our advantage
"Come on Stormfly we need to win!" Astrid exclaimed competitively
"Come on girl go!" I yelled.
The Edge was coming into view and astrid was right behind us
"Come on girl just a bit faster" I said patting Amethyst on the head.
At the last second Astrid and Stormfly shot a single spine shot right over my head causing me to slow down for a moment, exclaiming in panic and with that she zoomed by winning the race. We then got off our dragons at the beach, letting them rest.
" nice shot there Asrid!" I exclaimed
"Thanks y/n we have been working on it for a while" she said, scratching underneath Stormfly's chin as she purred.
"You're moves weren't to bad either" she then said with a wink
"Thank you, that means a lot coming from a pro like you!" I said with a chuckle before Amethyst came over and started to lick my face
"Oh come on Amethyst you know that doesn't wash out!" I said pretending to give her into trouble. She just kept doing it
"Okay do you want a well done too?"
She looked at me with puppy dog eyes as if to say yes
"Okay then. Well done girl, because you tried your big heart out today you can get a whole extra bucket of fish!" I said stroking her smooth scales.
She jumped up and down all happy before tackling me to the ground excitedly while astrid just stood and laughed.
" okay, okay I get it please just get off of me," I said with a huff, Amethyst done what she was told and started bounding over to Hiccup who was walking over to us, he patted her head and then continued over.
"Hey Hiccup!" I greeted
"Oh hey girls, thought I would find yous here," he said with a slight sulk
"What's wrong?" I said as he sat down beside us with a sigh.
"Em Astrid sorry to do this but could you leave me and Y/n alone for a second. I need to talk to her em in private,"
"Yeah of course," Astrid said before calling over Stormfly and walking away.
"So what's up," I said ruffling his hair.
"Y/n, I wanted to tell you something my dad said when he was over earlier,"
"Oh sorry I didn't even know Stoick was here, what did he say?"
"Well em he said he's been getting mails from a man named Egil L/n. They weren't exactly the nice kind," he said with a heavy sigh.
"Do you mean my Father has been threatening yours?" I said feeling a tinge of worry
"I think so Y/n but I didn't tell my father I knew the name and since you haven't ever mentioned your last name or where you come from I think you will be fine you won't need to get involved," he said putting his arm round my shoulder reassuringly.
" Hiccup it doesn't matter if Stoick doesn't know fully who I am. I think I want him to know,"
"Y/n I don't know how he will react. You don't need to,"
"Hiccup it's alright. Whatever happens just promise me you'll stay by my side please."
"I promise."

———
A/N
This chapter wasn't very interesting sorry I just wanted to introduce your friendship with Astrid and start bringing some antagonists. If the end was a bit confusing don't worry it will all be cleared up next chapter 😊