Part 5 - Home

A/N
Just incase anyone is confused this chapter starts 2 months after the last one ended.

———
Y/N POV

It had been two months since I came to the edge and I had learned a lot about flying and became so much closer to Amethyst and the gang, especially Hiccup. After talking to him and getting to know him I found out his whole background and he had found out mine. He was the only person I had told so I just had to trust him to not tell anyone. We also realised we have so much in common! For example, I love to draw and so does he and we both love making inventions!
He makes me feel warm and happy unlike anyone else can but I don't know why. I guess it's just because he is my best friend.

I was walking along side Amethyst coming out of Hiccups hut when I heard a voice I knew all too well
"Y/n you're finally awake, I thought you were going to sleep through the entire day!" Hiccup said with a grin.
I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly and mumbled a sorry.
" It's okay I was only joking," he chuckled and put a hand around my waist ( that's just something friends do right? ).
"Where's Tooth-," I began to say when suddenly the large night fury came bounding over to us.
" I guess that answers my question," I giggled.
"So y/n how about we go a sunset fly since you're up so late,"
"Sure let's go!" I said excitedly.
I love flying during sunrise and set there's something so peaceful about gliding through the colourful sky and it gives me a chance to think about things.

We had been in the air for about an hour just sitting in comfortable silence when Hiccup finally spoke up
"So Y/n we are both 17 now and well if your tribe is any similar to mine they will want you there to start taking over as chief soon maybe you should take a trip back," he let out a nervous sigh
"Hiccup what are you saying. You know I can't go back there, please don't make me!" I said holding back the tears. Truthfully, he was right, my father would be trying to pass on the chief duties and retire soon and me being his only child I really should be there. However Hiccup of all people should know why I don't want to go back, he went through something similar I guess, I mean not only do they kill dragons but if I saw my father I'm not sure if I would be-able to leave him again.
"You know maybe you could change their minds Y/n. I managed and I thought my father was the most stubborn man around."
I appreciated he was trying to help but it wasn't working one bit.
"Listen hiccup, some peoples minds just can't be changed. I mean with help I could probably get my father to change his but the people back on my island are heartless beings who can't be reasoned with. A man with no remorse is unchangeable," I said with a sigh.
"But Y/n, we could-"
"Hiccup just stop I don't want to discuss this right now!" And with that I flew back to The Edge.

"Ugh Amethyst why can't people just stay out my business!" I ranted to my dragon who seemed more confused than me,
" I mean I've been here 2 months, surely if I thought I could go home and change my villages minds I would have!"
"Oh who am I kidding I love it here and I love the people here. I would never go back to my island anyway," I sighed.
Amethyst came over, scooping me on to her back and taking off towards the beach
"Amethyst what are you doing. Stop!" I exclaimed
She stopped suddenly ( guess I was asking for that. Whoops ) and I flew over her head,
"Ow" I said rubbing my forehead.
" Amethyst what was that for?" She just started pushing me towards the beach and let out a small coo.
Sitting on the beach was Hiccup and Toothless. Toothless was lying on his belly whilst Hiccup leaned against his side.
" Bud, I shouldn't have said that. I feel so bad about making Y/n remember what her old home was like," he sighed as Toothless turned his head and put it in hiccups lap.
I can't lie it hurt me to see him upset when it was honestly my fault. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did.
" you're right girl I need to say sorry," I said to Amethyst before walking over and sitting beside Hiccup with Amethyst following behind and sitting a bit further away.
"Hiccup I'm so sorry I shouldn't have reacted like that. It's just I-I can't go back there I'm afraid if I did I wouldn't be-able to leave my father again. See I know he's a bad man but I also know deep down he's not who he pretends to be. I've told you the story of how my Father is the chief and how he hunts dragons but I've never really told you about my mother and Dragos part in it." I sighed.
"Well you can tell me now," he said softly
"Well Once my father had taken over from my grandad he slowed down the killing and had less dragons brought in, well that's what I remember anyway I was only about 3-5 years old, but after a while when I was around 6 a man named Drago Bloodvist came and captured my mother with armoured dragons helping him and then on since that day my father had been working for Drago whenever he was needed, in fact right before I left my father got a note from Drago saying he was needed again. That note is part of the reason I left. My father is a bad man but I believe that is because of those around him that influence him and force him to do things he was half way to stopping. I do believe I could change his mind but some people just can't change. Drago is one of those people and so are the vikings in my village."
Hiccup was silent for a while and just held his arm around my shoulder before speaking again
"Wow y/n I'm sorry. I guess I just assumed your village was the same as mine was," he said, full of remorse.
"Hiccup I'm sorry too, you didn't know," I sighed.
We sat on the beach for a couple hours before heading back to his hut.

———
Hiccups POV

I felt bad for what I suggested but as y/n said I didn't know.
We were back at my hut and it was quite late so we headed to bed. I don't know what I feel for her but I'm sure it's more than a friendship.
She would never feel the same way though, I'm just a fishbone dork while she is like a goddess to me.
If I thought anymore about it all my head would have exploded so I said goodnight to Toothless and climbed into my bed.
But I couldn't shake the feeling inside of me. Was this love?

———
A/N
Okay so this chapter was slightly confusing but hopefully yous understood it.
For the now you and Hiccup are just FRIENDS but who knows what the future holds 🤨