002

𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖊.

"I believe that covers everything

"I believe that covers everything. There's nothing scheduled for today, and I'll make an effort to accommodate your break request," he conveyed through the phone.

"Thank you," you expressed your gratitude.

"It's part of my responsibilities. If you require any assistance, don't hesitate to get in touch," he added before ending the call.

Glancing at the clock, the nearing nightfall stirred a craving for desserts within you. Deciding to satisfy this sweet tooth, you gracefully donned a cap, stepping out from the opulence of your mansion. You hopped into one of your cars, driving toward the haven of your favorite dessert place.

In the wake of unfounded rumors casting shadows on your reputation, you had, for a while, retreated from the public eye. The outside world became an uncharted territory, and even the cherished haunt of your favorite dessert place had remained untouched.

As your car glided through the city streets. The familiar route to the dessert haven, once avoided, now felt like a rediscovery. The neon lights of the dessert place beckoned, casting a warm glow on the pavement.

Stepping inside, the aroma of sweet indulgences enveloped you. The subtle chime of the door announced your entrance, and you were greeted by the comforting hum of conversation and the clinking of utensils against delicate plates.

Choosing a secluded corner, you settled into a cozy spot, a refuge from the prying eyes of a judgmental world.

As you savored the first bite of your chosen dessert, the layers of flavour unfolded.

"What do you mean you cannot come?!" A sudden, urgent voice echoed behind you, but you chose to ignore.

"Come on, Nanami! I've already bought the tickets," the voice persisted, its familiarity tugging at your attention.

"Can you at least ask—" The sentence hung in the air, abruptly cut off. "He didn't even let me finish," the voice sighed in frustration, ending the call with an exasperated groan.

"Satoru," you uttered softly, turning your head to meet his back. In response, he turned his head, and your eyes locked in a moment of recognition.

His initially furrowed brow transformed into a wide smile as the memory of you registered. "Y/n!" he exclaimed with genuine delight, his smile illuminating the space between you.

"We meet again" he chuckled, a warm familiarity threading through his words. You reciprocated with a soft chuckle. Suddenly, he rose from his seat, gracefully balancing a plate of dessert and a drink in one hand, and maneuvered in front of your seat.

"May I?" he inquired, a gesture that earned a nod of approval from you. "Sure."

As he settled into the seat opposite you. "I had no idea it was you," you confessed, a trace of surprise in your voice.