012

𝖉𝖊𝖑𝖎𝖈𝖆𝖙𝖊.

Strolling around the serene, empty park, you found solace in the stillness of the morning

Strolling around the serene, empty park, you found solace in the stillness of the morning. The rhythmic creaking of the swings filled the air as you decided to take a seat and sway gently, absorbing the tranquility of the surroundings.

The park, stripped of its usual hustle and bustle, unfolded as your own private sanctuary. The tranquility was accentuated by the early hour and the ongoing workday, rendering the space unusually serene and undisturbed. The hushed whispers of leaves and the occasional bird's song created a soothing soundtrack, inviting you to immerse yourself in the peaceful solitude of the still morning.

"We're truly sorry to deliver this news, but the baby couldn't be saved," the doctor announced, the weight of those words sinking in as your eyes widened.

"W-what?" You breathed out, the room suddenly feeling suffocating as you struggled to comprehend the unexpected and devastating turn of events.

"The baby's condition was more critical than we initially anticipated," the doctor continued, "Despite our best efforts, we couldn't stabilize the baby's health."

As the reality of the news settled in, a mix of emotions washed over you—shock, grief, and an overwhelming sense of loss. The room seemed to blur as you struggled to process the heartbreaking outcome.

"We understand this is incredibly difficult," the doctor added, their empathy palpable. "Take all the time you need, and if you have any questions or if there's anything we can do to support you, please let us know."

"Y/n, you have to listen to me, just for once, please!" Shoko pleaded in frustration.

"Break up with him. You don't need to abort the baby, I can help take care of it as well—" she started, but you cut her off.

"It doesn't matter now, Shoko," you said, devastation evident in your voice.

"What do you mean?" she asked, looking at you with growing worry.

"The doctor couldn't save the baby," you said, the weight of the words causing tears to well up in your eyes.

Shoko's eyes widened, mirroring the shock and sorrow reflected in your tear-filled gaze. The gravity of the situation seemed to freeze time momentarily.

"I... I didn't know, Y/n," Shoko whispered, her voice a mix of disbelief and genuine sympathy.

A heavy silence enveloped the room as the weight of the news settled between you two. Shoko, normally full of words, found herself at a loss.

You took a shaky breath, attempting to steady your emotions. "I may no longer have feelings toward Naoya, but I loved the baby dearly," you admitted, the pain evident in your voice.