- Chapter Fifteen -

Amity paced around the infirmary's bed. "Explain to me what happened, Willow."

"I don't know," breathed out the other. "She was fine and then the next second, it was as though something had triggered a reaction."

"I knew we shouldn't have come today."

"Listen," Willow neared her, hesitantly, "It's going to be fine."

"I hope." She stared at the girl laying on the bed, eyes bleary. "Do you think...do you think it had to do with me?"

Willow's demeanor suddenly shifted as her eyes became hard, stance protective. "Did you do something to her?"

"No..I just..," Amity sighed, "Willow. I told her I'm gay. Do you think she thought I was messing with her?"

"It's possible but not likely. She trusts people too easily." Willow relaxed. "When she wakes up, you can talk to her, alright?"

"Okay. Thank you for telling me."

Willow nodded, smiling softly. Maybe Amity wasn't that bad.

..................

Luz's eyes fluttered open. Her voice was croaky as she spoke. "Wh-Where?..." A pale arm was draped around her waist, a head on her chest. The chair they were seated in was scooted up close and her hand was held in theirs. "Amity?" She spoke softly.

The girl groaned incoherently. A name escaping her lips. "Luz...," She murmured before snuggling back into her. The Hispanic tried hard to suppress a laugh. She poked at her friend.

"Amityyyy."

With a start, the other girl awoke, blinking away the sleepiness. She seemed to realize in the compromising position she was in as she sat up straight and cleared her throat, a blush prominent. "Sorry, I must've fallen asleep waiting for you to wake up."

"I know." Luz smiled softly.

Amity's expression turned worried. "What happened?"

Luz looked away, picking at the blanket. How was she supposed to say that the very person that was comforting her, had made her spiral into a panic? She felt awful about it but it still didn't change the fact that those things had happened.

She sighed heavily. "Amity..."

The latter closed their eyes. "Stop. I know it's because of me. It..has to be, right?" Luz nodded, a frown taking over her face as Amity continued speaking. "Maybe I shouldn't be here.." She stood up as though to leave but a warm hand pulled her back.

She was forced to collide with her friend, as they stood up. Something about Luz's eyes made Amity's breath catch and before either of them knew what was happening, they felt the other's soft lips pulling them in. Luz's arms wrapped around Amity's neck and pulled her impossibly closer.

Amity didn't know what to think as all her thoughts came out as muffled words against the other's mouth. She didn't know what was happening, she didn't want to know. She just didn't want it to stop. Minutes passed by of them losing themselves in each other until someone cleared their throat.

Willow stood there, a vacant expression on her face. "Are you done?"

Amity's cheeks flushed bright red as she let go of Luz. "Uhh," she stuttered, "I was just..I was just leaving actually."

Without a goodbye or final look, she grabbed her jacket and ran toward the door.