- Chapter Twenty- Six -

The therapist's room felt warm and suffocating and she looked around, hand held tightly around her girlfriend's. "Ma'am?"

The lady had been writing things down on a little pink clipboard, barely acknowledging their presence which was not helping to calm her rising panic. It felt as though tidal wave after tidal wave drowned out her breathing.

"Sorry, girls," replied Amanda, "I have to make sure you're in the system before we start." She looked up, adjusting her name tag. "Now, tell me a little bit about why you're here today and who this woman is to you." She pointed to Luz, who sheepishly grinned.

Amity felt her palms begin to sweat, attempting to pry them from her girl's grip only to be denied. "Well, uhm, she's sort of my girlfriend."

"And how did you meet?"

"I..I used to..," Amity swallowed, closing her eyes, "I used to sort of bully her with my friends before.."

"Bully?" Replied Amanda. "Oh dear, big choice of words."

"So tell me, Amity, what do you feel about that situation?"

...............................

2 years later

"Babe?" Yelled Amity, a suitcase in hand as she dragged it down the front staircase of their home. It seemed to be about ready to explode. "Babe!!"

"COMING!" Yelled Luz from the car as she ran to aid her girlfriend. "Are you sure you need this many things for Willow's wedding?"

"I'm the bridesmaid and planner."

Luz sighed mischievously. "I liked it better when you hated each other."

Amity pushed her girlfriend away playfully, a glare on her face. "Well, I didn't. I'm glad we were able to sit down and talk during my therapy sessions..which speaking of, I'm almost done with!"

"Did your mom show up to the last one?"

"No," Amity sighed. "I doubt she ever will but I don't need her when I have the twins and my dad to take care of me."

Luz smiled sympathetically as she finally stuffed the suitcases inside, then gave her girlfriend a hug around the waist, kissing her neck softly. "Everything is going to be fine, mami."

"I know."

"Mhmmm!"

"So what are we going to do at this wedding resort?" She asked, smile widening.

"I have an idea."

Amity missed the mischievous look that Luz threw her way, looking at her left hand.