8. ; A DOCTOR'S RECOMMENDATION

The clock ticked, it was time to begin and wrap the sleeves up. In the following days I helped Venti with the chores in the morning, from checking the recourses to getting water from the sea where he would often jokingly throw water at my face. I would laugh from time to time. Sometimes, it would cheer me up. At other times, I'd react slower than a snail.

He shoved me into the infirmary another time, without a word following. When we shared the silence on our faces after 10 minutes, he grimaced. "So.." he started, "I asked Albedo and Sucrose to come over, because of your injuries."

I stiffened and froze. He did not, right? I must've misheard.

"I was worried since your injuries seemed to turn for the worse" he admitted. I looked at him and there was hesitation on his face. What was it that he wanted to add?

Suddenly a firecracker exploded and a soft giggle halled through the corridor. "Klee!" someone exclaimed, Venti hid the girl running through the infirmary swiftly behind his leg and a new figure followed, blond hair, pale blue eyes and around the same height as Venti. I looked at him and then I recognized him, it was Albedo—Dr. Kreideprinz—known otherwise. I saw him, he had done incredible things that seemed nearly impossible per se.

He walked into the door ane eyed Venti, "Have you seen Klee perhaps?" he asks playing slightly clueless. As though he was playing along with the games Klee was pulling the strings off.

"This stops here little one, your brother is here." Venti looked down to where Klee was hiding behind his leg. She grimaced with a bratty expression. She remained silent, didn't speak, no sound, nothing at all. I pursed my lips, and I turned stiff. All while my breath hitched as I watched her.

This isn't the order.

This isn't the ORDER.

I had to repeat it several times. I caught a deep breath and turned back to the current situation

"In what kind of trouble have you gotten yourself into, this time?" Venti added as Klee only left reluctantly.

Her backpack with a fluffy charm and clover decoration stuck out, it added to her red clothing and the elf ears she had. Maybe she was 8 or 9? But she left an impression on me, that for sure.

She sighed, her bright and uplifting smile disapeared. "I hurt Mr. Fluff ball." her head sank. I looked at Venti with a stare.
What in the archons name was that.

He nudged me in the shoulder, and leaned close to my ear. "Abyss mage." he answered with amusement. I bit my cheek, wow that was.. Oh.

It was dumb and I felt my cheeks turning warm. From there the name Mr. Fluff ball made sense.

Klee looked up at me with her ruby red eyes, "who's that?" she points at me. I blink in confusion.

"Oh—" I cut myself off, Venti stepped forward and kneeled down to Klee's eye level. He put on a smile and lowered Klee's finger.

"That's Y/n," he said, "she's a friend." A "friend" that was a nice word to describe me with. I hadn't had that experience in a while. The warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach didn't dissappear and neither did the smile that crept onto the corners of my face.

The fact he'd refer to me as a friend stuck with me. I chuckled quietly, "that's right, it's nice to meet you Ms. Klee." I smiled, she took my hand and shook it excited.

Albedo came in and Klee proceeded to explain how that was her brother, her adoptive brother to be precise, but she insisted that blood didn't make family and that her mom would adopt me too if I were in a case like Albedo. I still consider it that the male blond was an exceptional case—an extraordinary wonder child—with a gift for alchemy and healing. Someone who seemed somewhat closer to not expendable.