chapter 8: anya decides on a person for a prom date (becky and damian shopping)

Anya, Yor and Loid were all sitting at the dinner table, feasting on their meals as Anya was telling them about her day and her usual hatred for Math.

"Prom is in two days, right?" Loid asks Anya, and Anya nods in agreement.

"Really? That's amazing!" Yor happily exclaims as she munches on a potato in the stew. "I'll try to find you something in my closet! I have tons!"

Anya smiles and her eyes light up. "That's wonderful, Mama, thank you!"

"Say... do you have a date to the prom yet?" Loid teasingly asks Anya and Yor suddenly blushes.

"A-ah Loid, m-maybe Anya doesn't k-know about this stuff yet--"

"Date? Like someone to invite to prom? Anya asks Loid, and Loid smiles in response. Anya shrugs. "I mean, it's optional but, I don't have any."

"Oh? But prom is much more fun when you have someone." Loid says as Yor nods in agreement.

"Agreeing with what Loid said, maybe you should try to invite Becky out!" Yor cheerfully suggests, but all Anya did was sigh.

"She already has a date, she's going out with George Glooman because she took pity on him since he asked her out."

"Oh."

"But hey! It's fine! There's no need to worry!" She nervously reassures them before standing up to put her plate in the sink and washing it. Loid and Yor concerningly look at Anya from behind, before Loid stands up to walk to Anya and pat her in the back.

"Papa, what're you--"

"Prom dates aren't only just about taking out a friend to the party, you could take someone you like." Loid winks, before walking back to Yor and whispering something in her ear, making her terribly blush.

Anya stopped scrubbing soap on her plate and almost dropped it.

Someone you like? Prom date? But she liked Damian Desmond, the second son of the Desmond family! There's no WAY people would want to see a commoner like her dancing with a rich kid like him

She could go with some other girl in her class, but no one would really want to go with her. Emile or Ewen? Nah, definitely not. She really had no choices but Becky and Damian, and since Becky was well, taken, she really has no other choice but to choose Damian. But what if he rejected her? She was nothing but a lowly commoner.

But then again, when did she genuinely give a fuck? This was HER prom date and it was HER choice whether she'd ask him out or no, she shouldn't care about the stupid opinions everyone had on her. She's gonna go and shoot her shot because this was what SHE wanted, and she WILL get what she wants, after all, she's the one and only ANYA FORGER! The Imperial Scholar with 8 Stella Stars and 6 Tonitrus Bolts!

... okay so maybe no one really needed to know about how many bolts she had gotten over the past few years but that's not what matters!

She put her plate back into the sink without washing it, and immediately runs to her room to grab her coat. Yor and Loid awkwardly watch her in confusion.

"Anya?! Where are you going this late at night?!" Yor asks her before Anya rushes to Loid and her with the keys and wallet in her hand.

"I'm gonna buy something! I'll be quick!" And she gives them both a kiss on the forehead before running to the door and leaving the apartment.

Loid and Yor look at each other before laughing.

"I wonder what she's buying this late at night..." Yor thinks. Loid smiles.