Manjiro

Manjiro Sano x Fem reader

(Manila Mikey)
All aged up, 18+

You keep him tethered to reality ♡

_______________

"Hey, love?"

"Hm?" The woman Manjiro held in his arms while hovering over her half naked body on the bed comfortably, played with his long black hair and hummed for him to continue.

"Why didn't you leave me yet?"
Manjiro mumbled with those dead eyes that one could compare to a withering daffodil while his chin rested on the top of her chest, his arms enfolded around her waist to just keep her there underneath him as he asked a question.

[y/n] pursed her lips while running her fingers through his hair. "We're not having this conversation again, Mikey." She used the little nickname that she had used for him ever since he was the head of Toman.
He still was but... Everything is now different.

He always seemed unhappy to her. So distant the moment his sister wasn't in the picture anymore.
His love for [y/n] never wavered, not in the slightest but he wasn't the same boy she knew when they were just little kids screwing around, the days where he was the leader and only him. The days where Izana wasn't involved, the days that agreement never happened back at that forsaken time.

Manjiro's lips formed a small pout and he nuzzled his nose along the skin of her collarbone. "[n/n], you're all I have... Please stay with me."
He could never say it out loud, but the boy had always wanted to let his feelings seep about being afraid that she'd get bored of him at some point especially with the things he's involved with now.

They weren't kids anymore, is what he'd tell himself, putting his trust in that she'd always stay by his side. She always did.

He wasn't ready to lose her. No-no, he wasn't.

"And what do you think I've been doing for the past twelve years?" [y/n] slyly let her palm caress the small of his back. "I'm not leaving."
"But what if you do?"
He chirped in a sad tone, giving her those big black hues that only shined for her once in a while.
"I won't. I promise."

Everytime she gave him these wholehearted promises, he can't help but just melt like an ice cube into the warmth of her body.

It was fight or flight for Mikey, he'd rather die than have to cry in front of anyone at all. Even his beloved [y/n].
"Good." His nose prodded across the dermis of her collarbone, where her tinted neckline fit his lips so perfectly abuts to it. "No takesies backsies." The man playfully commented, his voice vibrating on her skin.

They've seen better days, back when they didn't have to constantly worry about being in danger caused by the actuality of their situation; being in this version of Toman, that wasn't just about protecting your friends and loved ones.