21

Author's POV:

"Yaar, Kabir. Why is Vishakha here?" Asked Kabir's friend who was just looking at Kabir take another shot.

"Do you guys fucking think I called her? That woman...I swear I cannot..." He said in a drunk tone.

"Kabir, enough. Stop it, put the drink down. It's your reception, your family isn't gonna like it." Said his friend trying to put the glass down.

Kabir stood up and walked towards Kriti. He stumbled a few times but finally reached her.

She was having dinner with the Oberoi family including their close relatives.

She looked at him and stopped eating. Mrs.Oberoi knew something was wrong...

"Kriti, get up I zneed to talkk t-to you." He said stuttering.

She looked around and then excused herself.

"Kabir, are you drunk?" She tried holding him.

"Why do you fucking care. Shut up and listen to me." He said shouting at her.

She flinched at his sudden outburst.

"Let's go home." He said with drippy eyes.

"Bu-but Kabir, everyone's having dinner..." She tried to talk.

"Are you fucking talking back to me?" He said gripping her arm.

"Kabir leave it...ah it's hurting." She tried to get her arm out of his grip. Then he saw Vishakha standing a far behind kriti.

That made his blood boil more then he gripped her arm more tightly.

"Ahhhh.." She shouted as it was intolerable.

"Ka-kabir please..." She requested crying..

Then Mrs.Oberoi came and widened her eyes looking at the scene in front of her.

"Kabir, leave her!!" She screamed.

"Hearing his mom, he left her arm and Kriti caressed her arm which had handprints and was red.

"Are you mad Kabir, what have you done???" She said caressing Kriti's arm.

Kriti wiped her tear and said, "What have I done to you?"

He just got silent and looked down.

"Beta...I'm sorry on his behalf...I somewhere knew this was gonna happen.. I'm sorry beta." Mrs.Oberoi said wiping her tears.

"But maa, what have I even done?" She asked.

"It's not because of you beta, it's because of..." But she stopped in half then looked at Kabir.

They all decided to leave for home and when they reached their room Kabir barged to his room.

Kriti was about to go but Mrs.Oberoi stopped her.

"Bhabhi, what happened to your arm?" Asked Khushi.

"Nahi woh actually, Uh- I um actually fell and my arm his the pillar." She tried to resonate.

"Okay, you guys go to your rooms and take rest." Mrs.Oberoi said and they went.

She took Kriti to the garden area and sat on the bench.

"Beta, Actually whatever happened today...it was just because of Kabir's traumatic past. I know he hasn't told you about this yet, but somewhere I believe he will tell you this himself. You have to cure him beta...Only you can bring the old Kabir back...Our Kabir back. I trust you Kriti, I trust you enough to bring happiness and light to his darkness. Go and rest hmm? I'll talk to him tomorrow.." She said and patted her head.