22

Next morning

Author's POV:

Kriti woke up as the rays of sunlight appeared on her face. Her body was aching as she had slept on couch uncomfortably.

She decided to wakeup and take a shower. After taking a shower she got ready. 

Her outfit

Her outfit

She left her hair open and wore her sindoor. She looked at Kabir through the mirror who was sleeping.

She went to the kitchen without saying anything. After a while Kabir woke and didn't find Kriti on the couch. He was having a killer headache because of the alcohol. He walked to the washroom and stood under warm shower..

He wore his business suit and descended down.

As he was passing by the hallway his mom called him.

"Kabir, come here. I wanna talk to you." 

"Mom, can we talk later, I'll just have a coffee for my headache first." He said and went towards the kitchen.

He expected chachi to be there so he called her out.

"Chachi can you make me a cup of coff-" He stopped when he saw Kriti in the kitchen. His voice made her look towards him.

They looked at each other for few seconds and Kriti diverted her gaze to the stove.

"Umm..where's chachi?" He asked.

"Chachi has gone to Mandir ( temple )." She replied stirring the food.

"Can you make me a cup of black coffee?" He requested and she nodded.

He went and sat on the couch with hands on his head.

After a while his mom also came and sat on the couch.

His dad was passing by. "Good morning beta." He wished.

"Morning dad." He wished back.

"Where're you going?" Mrs.Oberoi asked Mr.Oberoi.

"Actually, I've been called to some charity event so I'm heading there." He replied and Mrs.Oberoi gave him a proud smile.

Then as he went Kriti came from the kitchen with his coffee.

"here." She said and placed it on the table.

"Good morning maa." She wished and touched her feet.

"Morning beta." She wished and hugged her.

"I'll get the breakfast ready." She said and went.

"Now, Can we talk?" Mrs.Oberoi asked Kabir and he nodded.

He took a sip of coffee and it tasted marvelous.

"So, I understand your sudden outburst on seeing Vishakha. Even I was shocked when I saw her at the party. Kabir don't forget she's your past and don't let that hamper your present. I always knew something was wrong with her the first time I saw her. But, you were so blinded by her that you even went against your parents. 

See...Kabir I don't want to lecture you. I just wanna say every relationship isn't already perfect, you have to make it perfect. I don't know what's going on between you and Kriti but remember, 

TAKE A CHANCE. BECAUSE YOU'LL NEVER KNOW HOW ABSOLUTELY GREAT SOMETHING CAN TURN OUT TO BE. " She concluded and he nodded.

With that he sipped the last sip of the coffee and went to his office.

He attended the meetings for the day and sighed deals.

Time skip: Dinner time

Kabir had arrived home early today because he had an announcement to make. Mrs. Oberoi invited her friends to introduce her daughter-in-law. And honestly, everyone just fell in love with her.

Everyone sat on the dining table and maids were serving the food.

"Actually, I want to make an announcement." Kabir said and everyone looked at him including Kriti.

"I and Kriti will be moving out to our new house tomorrow." He said and everyone's eyes went wide.

He hadn't informed this to Kriti as well.

"And why haven't you told us yet?" Asked Mr.oberoi.

"Bhaiya, it's not done." Complaint Khushi.

"Exactly." Added Ayan.

"Beta, you should've told us atleast. All of a sudden.." Chachi said.

"I know guys, I'm sorry. I should have but I-I forgot." He said and ate his food.

The only happy person there was Mrs. Oberoi. Why?

Because she thought Kabir is going to start a new life with Kriti.. But is it going to be a happy life or a sad life?

That's the main question.

They ate their food and went to their rooms.

"Kriti barged into the room and locked the door.

kabir was working on his laptop. She went and stood in front of him.

"Tumhe atleast mujhe inform karna chahiye tha. What's wrong with you?" She asked getting angry.

"You would've agreed anyways." He said still looking at the laptop's screen.

He got irritated and closed his laptop.

"Mr. Kabir Oberoi, you can't take decision for me because it's my life not yours." She said pointing her index finger at him.

He stood up and pulled her near him with hand around her waist. Her eyes widened at his sudden action.

"Mrs. Kriti Kabir Oberoi, I am not deciding for you but for both of us. And about your life, I'm also a part of your life now." He said.

"You have no rights on me." She argued trying to get away from him.

"I surely do, after all I'm your husband, isn't it?" He said with a smirk.

"Khadoos." She said and pushed him and went to the washroom.

"Angry bird." He mumbled.

She came back wearing a cotton white kurtha and plazo. She went to the bed and covered herself with the blanket.

Kabir finished his work and went to the bed.

"pack your stuffs tomorrow." He said and she just hummed.

"Can i start my job again?" She asked.

"Sure, that's your choice." He replied.

"Okay." She said.

"Okay goodnight." He said and turned off the lights.

"Bad night Mr. Khadoos." She replied and he slightly chuckled.