Blackout

Snoring filled the dark room, the moonlight barely able to illuminate past the drawn curtains. Zen couldn't sleep unlike their lady friend, they didn't really need to. They did however need to cuddle their partner. It was a ritual for them, as soon as Dilann would get ready for sleep, Zen would wrap themselves around her and cuddle her until she woke up. With the shadows that consisted of Zen, it was pretty easy, extending their arms or adding a blanket of shadows to wrap around them and enclose the heat or stave it off. Dilann has gotten to the point she can't fall asleep without feeling Zen there. Zen really liked hugging Dilann , Dilanns body was chunky and squished whenever they hugged her. It would somtimes make Dilanns cheeks puff up like squirrels, it was really cute, they adored it.

Dilanns snoring though...they didn't like that too much. They lobed their partner very much, but that was one flaw they really disliked. The noise was just unpleasant.

Trying their best to just focus on domthing else, they squeezed their partner and focused on the feeling of their body. Being living shadow, they could condense nerves as they wanted, so they focused on their front. Their partners body was breathing deeply, evidently, soft, she had her nightshirt on, the long one that started to fray.

A particularly loud snore struck at Zens nerves. They expanded and deflated in exasperation, their version of a sigh. The movement did somthing though, when they expanded, dilann woke up, the snoring abruptly stopping. Zen though feeling guilty at waking them up, was kinda glad the snoring stopped. Gathering themselves to be more solid, they became a basic human shape beside their partner, speaking in a voice that echoed itself in neither a deep or light voice.

"I didnt mean to wake you up. Sorry"

Dilann yawned, turning to face them.

"Its fine...you ok?"

"Yeah, im fine"

"You sure? You sound annoyed."

Zen grimaced, giving her a forced smile.

"Its nothing you can change squirrel"

They kissed fer forehead, wrapping their shadows around her head and pulling them thier chest.

"You sure?"

"Im sure, you can go back to sleep. Im here"

Dilann pressed themselves further into Zens embrace, putting their face in the crook of their neck. Zen felt a little flustered, bringing their legs up and draping a blanket of shadow around her. Though they didn't have a pulse, a slight vibrating energy traveled along the dark shadows.

"Okay , goodnight"

Yawning , she snuggles in close to them, quickly falling back to sleep surrounded in Zens shadows.

Trodding up the stairs , Zen unlocks their apartment door, quickly drifting in and shutting it behind them. As soon as they're inside, they relax the condensity of their vapours, the vastly human shape becoming more suggestive with the trails of pitch black smoke.

Not wasting time, they head toward the kitchen, the living room needing to be walked through for access it. Once in, they open the cupboard and fridge using tendrils of soft shadow, extracting a can of tomato soup, cannes chopped tomatoes, grated cheese, Swedish meatballs and fresh egg tagliatelle pasta. Gathering them onto the counter top, they pull out a slow cooker and plug it in, turning the switch on. They quietly get dinner under going, preparing the filling meal with love and a gentle electric pulse through the darkness that makes them.

When they go to start a warm drink with the kettle, their partners footsteps up the stairs outside reach them. Sending out a tendril of pitch black to open the door ready for Dilann to arrive home.