2. DHARA

The sounds of my bangles clinking is audible clearly in this room

The sounds of my bangles clinking is audible clearly in this room. I look around and see everything as it was when I joined this school. Now my time is up. Mrs. Rai looks at me with sympathy in her eyes.

"I'm sorry Dhara but I have to close this school. I hope you will find a new job soon." She says with a small smile as she hands me my salary.

"Thank you Mrs. Rai for giving me this job when I needed it the most. I can surely understand your circumstances." I try to smile as I take my envelope.

I have been working in this school for almost three years. When I came here looking for a job I had nothing on me. I was just a 20 years old girl who was pregnant and held no college degree. I thought Mrs. Rai would also reject me but she gave me a chance to prove myself. And I did my best to prove my worth. I work for her school with all my devotion. But now she has to close this school as she is settling down in US with her son.

"Dhara wait. I actually have a recommendation for you. There is this lady that I know who is looking for a PA and I think you are perfect for that job. I'll send her your resume and maybe you can get a call from her." She informs me.

"This will be your huge help. Thank you so much." I smile at her gratefully as I leave her office.

I enter my workspace as I start collecting my belongings into a small box. I always loved working here that I never imagined I would have to leave this place someday. I need to find another job quickly. I can't sit idle for too long.

"Mama?" I turn to around to see my son walking towards me. I instantly crouch down as he runs to hug me.

"Hey pumpkin. Did you enjoy your last day?" I kiss his cheeks as he laughs.

"Yup yup." He grins.

His smiles are just like his father's. He looks just like his father. Same brown eyes. Dark hair. Sometimes when I look into my sons' eyes I think I'm looking into his eyes. My heart still aches thinking about him but thankfully I have my sunshine to brighten my mood.

"Is anyone hungry?" I pick up my box and holds Kiaan's hand as we move outside of the building.

I name my son Kiaan because it means grace of god. And he indeed is grace to me. He is the reason I wake up daily to live my life when I often think about ending it. When I found about my pregnancy at the age of 20 I was so scared. But my child turned out to be my biggest blessing. He is my miracle baby. The one I never thought I needed until the day he was born.

"Mama. I want fries." He says looking at me with his puppy eyes.

"Okay pumpkin. But later you have to eat veggies."

"But veggies are bad taste." He makes disgusted face and I chuckle.

"You'll get fries only when you'll agree to eat veggies. Do we have a deal now?" I ask him hiding my smile.