EIGHT: SAFE & SOUND

Despite the car remaining stationary in their mansion's driveway for over an hour, Ivan's desire for his wife showed no signs of waning. His lips eagerly explored her neck, shoulder, and mouth, evoking moans of pleasure from Anastasia.

Straddling him on his lap in the car's backseat, she couldn't resist the passion he ignited within her. Although they had been married for just a month, it felt as if they had exchanged vows only yesterday.

"We should probably go inside," Anastasia moaned softly, reluctantly breaking their intimate embrace as she placed her hands on his warm chest.

Ivan growled, unwilling to be separated from her even for a moment. "I want you right now, malysh. The thought of the distance between this car and the bed is killing me."

With determination, he unbuckled himself, setting himself free. Anastasia gasped as he slowly lowered her onto his arousal, causing her eyes to roll back and a sweet moan to escape her lips—a moan that he quickly silenced with a passionate kiss.

 Anastasia gasped as he slowly lowered her onto his arousal, causing her eyes to roll back and a sweet moan to escape her lips—a moan that he quickly silenced with a passionate kiss

[IVAN]

The strong wind outside the car is brutal, freezing, and won't let up. The radio's blaring about how dangerous it is to step foot outside, warning everyone to stay the hell indoors until this icy crap storm calms down. But it isn't the mad blizzard outside that's got me on edge; it's the goddamn hurricane brewing inside me. This internal tornado is ready to tear me apart, either break me into pieces or push me straight into the loony bin, leaving sanity in the dust. The odds of its wrecking power are sky-high, and I can't shake off this unease it's injecting into my veins.

No matter how close I get to my wife and kids, there's always some obstacle standing in my way—not letting me reach for them. Sometimes it's the unpredictable weather, sometimes it's the vast distance that separates us, and sometimes it's my own damn men. The guys I've taken under my wing, the ones I've looked after like they were my own family. How the hell am I supposed to feel when one of those assholes betrays me? Someone who should've been loyal to me, for fuck's sake?

Perhaps that's why I find it difficult to take action when two of my men crumble before me, pleading for mercy. These two traitors betrayed me by selling out the whereabouts of my wife and kids to those who want to see me destroyed. They're always on the lookout for any weakness they can exploit to tear me apart. And these bastards not only endangered the lives of my loved ones, but they also made me feel ashamed. Ashamed that I've been supporting these assholes for nearly ten years. Ashamed that after all the years they've worked for me, they turned their backs on me when I needed to maintain my power the most.

In our world, losing the loyalty of your men is never a good sign. It sends a message to others that you've become weaker and unworthy of holding onto power. But let me be clear—I am far from weak, and I certainly don't deserve to be underestimated. I've fought tooth and nail to reach where I am today. I've left a trail of shattered lives and broken families in my wake, and that alone is proof that I won't back down.