TWENTY: FOOLISH GIRL

It was the second day of their marriage, and although he should have been devoting himself to his newly-wedded wife—treasuring her, adoring her, losing himself in her allure—he was ensnared in a pressing matter that demanded his immediate attention.

The two members of his crew had been brutally murdered, their decapitated bodies delivered in cardboard boxes as a part of their latest shipment.

"I just had a word with the Morozov brothers. They don't know anything about this." Dimitri supplied stoically.

Ivan pursed his lips then flicked his hand, asking his men to take away the bodies. He turned to head back to his office. "Isn't this funny that they never know anything about anything? Last time when they sent the lesser orders, it was the exact response from their end."

"You think they are lying?"

Ivan paused, glancing over his shoulder. "It's your job to find that out, isn't it?"

"Right," Dimitri mumbled, nodding. "I'm on it."

Once alone in his office, Ivan barely had a chance to make a move before his phone sprang to life. A smile tugged at his lips as he saw the name on the screen – his wife.

He answered without missing a beat. "Missing me already?"

"Shouldn't I?" Her sweet voice arrived, making every inch of his pulse with the need to have her in front of him. Last night was their first night together, and to say he ravished her would be an understatement. It was so damn good and she was so damn tight, he could feel his cock stirring for another long session.

"I bet the mere thought of me is enough to dampen your panties," he playfully teased.

He heard her inhale sharply. "Do you have to be so shameless?"

"I'm your husband, malysh," he replied with a grin he knew she couldn't see, "I can be as shameless as I damn well please."

Her laughter chimed through the line, a sensation that seemed to tickle his chest. "I have something to show you. Check your phone."

Before Ivan could even inquire about what it was that she wanted to share, the call abruptly ended, leaving him frowning in its wake.

But the frown soon eased when his phone beeped with an incoming text.

He tapped over the screen, his eyes instantly widening as the picture zoomed.

He couldn't help but chuckle, shaking his head. "You're going to be the death of me." He stared at her selfie, showing him the bruises all over her neck and shoulders.

He called her again, a hunger in his voice that could not be contained. His feet moved faster, and he was soon sprinting out of the building. "I'm coming for you, malysh. and the moment I step through that door, you better be damn naked. Splayed out on the bed, your legs wide open, and your hands firmly above your head. I'm going to fuck you senseless, baby, so hard that you'll feel me for months."

"