FIFTY FIVE: OVERTHINKING

[IVAN]

I'm hard.

Fuck, I'm so hard I could probably drill a hole in a wall if I were to try. But I can't be that desperate. There's no other way but to wait while taking care of my needs myself.

It's been years since I made love to Ana. And of course, if it's not Ana, it can't be any other woman. I have practically lived the life of a saint since the very night Ana disappeared with our kids. Five long fucking years. And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't on the brink of losing my ever-thinning patience.

Dammit! It's so frustrating not to just knock on Ana's door across the hallway, wrap my large fingers around her throat and slam her against the wall. I want to fuck that woman into oblivion. I want the taste of her mouth and run my tongue along her silky skin. I want to suck on those bastard nipples and make her fucking moan. I want her nimble fingers to drive through my hair and yank at them when she needs more but I'm stubborn to make her beg for it. I want to chuck her on the bed and shove my thick cock deep into her soaking pussy, and feel her walls fucking clench around me. I want the pleasure to gleam in her eyes while she screams my name and makes those mouthwatering moans for more and more and more...

I bang my fist against the shower wall and groan, my jaw clenched.

This is so fucked up. Why the hell does she have to kick me out of the room? It's not like I was planning to force myself on her or anything. I would never do that. Well, unless that's what she wants—for me to take the initiative, that is. But I know she isn't ready for anything sexual right now. I'm not a moron; I can see that clear as day.

The problem is I have been far from her for such a long time that now I find myself wanting to have her in front of my eyes 24 hours a day. Of course, I'm aware that's neither reasonable nor sane by any means or definition, but that doesn't mean I can't entertain the thought in my head.

Ana is the love of my life. There hasn't been a single moment I didn't love her with all I have. Even at the time when my mother sowed the seeds of doubts between us and manipulated me into thinking that Ana was cheating on me, I loved her. Yes, I was hurt, and angry and wanted to kill her for wanting another man, but I loved her. I swear I did. It just broke my heart, you know?

All the evidence that was presented to me. All those messages from Ana's cellphone...

I didn't know how to ignore them.

Anyway, I take care of my deprived cock, finish my shower, grab a robe, and stride out of the bathroom with my hair still dripping wet. I check for my gun in the nightstand drawer before grabbing my phone and dialing Dimitri. After making a round of calls to all my key associates, I toss the phone on the bed and head back to the bathroom to dry my hair.

But I barely make it through the door when the sound of the main door opening and footsteps shuffling inside makes me take a pause. With Igor's men stationed outside Ana and my room, I doubt any stranger would dare to wander in. Still, just to be cautious, I tiptoe towards the nightstand, grab my gun, and tuck it into the pocket of my robe. It's absurd to be so guarded with all the security inside and outside the hotel, but perhaps it's the habit of always being on my toes that makes me question my own strategies.

"Ivan?" The familiar voice comes, and I realize my heart isn't racing as fast.

However, that's just a fleeting thought before a knock lands on the bedroom door, and quickly after, Ana's head peeks in, as if to confirm I'm here.

Her gaze finds me near the foot of the bed and I can't help but cock my head to the side, wondering what brought her into my room in the middle of the night.