Chapter 16 - Superman finds Kara Danvers

"Let's go, Supergirl. We'll find Miss Danvers. Don't worry," Superman said.

Supergirl and Superman flew high for a while. They decided that Supergirl would turn the Stealth Suit back to her civilian clothes. Superman held Kara in her arms and headed back to the English reporting crew.

"I'm concerned about you, Kara. Ignisia really did a number on you. Your legs and shoulders are heavily wounded. Once this is over, I'm taking you to the Fortress of Solitude. There, I can treat your injuries," Superman said.

"I'll be fine, Superman. I can tough it out."

"No, the Promethium radiation is too dangerous. I won't take any risks with your health. Let's keep moving," Superman insisted.

They returned to the van, where Superman gently put Kara Danvers down.

"Here she is, a lost CatCo reporter delivery," Superman said.

The British crew rejoiced in unison with Kara's return.

"You must really be aiming for that promotion at CatCo with a daring move like this, my dear," Grant said.

"I'm sorry, everyone. In all the craziness and gunfire, I made a bad decision to go inside the Palace. It seemed like the safest place at the time. After all, they wouldn't shoot at each other indoors," Kara explained, wincing in pain.

"She's injured," Superman said. "She needs immediate medical attention. Once I've escorted all of you to safety in China, I'll take Miss Danvers to a hospital in the city."

"And where is Supergirl?" William asked.

"Supergirl sustained injuries during the battle. She's going to the United States for specialized treatment. Promethium can be particularly harmful to us. Now, if you'll excuse me, please close all the doors. I'll lift the van and transport you. It will be the fastest way," Superman said.

Superman flew into the open sky, and inside the van, the passengers felt a gentle push as they were lifted off the ground. Superman carried them to safety, ensuring they were out of harm's way within minutes. He landed the van carefully on the ground.

"Thank you, Superman, for your assistance. Please convey our heartfelt gratitude to Supergirl as well. She truly saved us all." One of the passengers expressed with genuine appreciation.

"I'll pass on your message to her. Rest assured," Superman said.

Meanwhile, Kara bid farewell to her newfound friends, exchanging hugs and well wishes.

"Take care, lass." Grant and the crew members embraced her one by one. "Keep us updated once you've recovered. Your shoulder is still bleeding."

"Don't worry. I feel bad that I won't be able to finish the story with all of you," Kara said.

"Why not? We just need a few minutes. Let's do it," Charlotte insisted.

Superman couldn't help but feel concerned, well aware of the potential risks involved. He knew that he would likely spend more time discussing the dangers of her injuries rather than allowing her to have her moment with Grant Sinclair.

"Hello, everyone. This is Grant Sinclair reporting live from continental China. In a remarkable display of heroism, Supergirl and Superman executed a daring rescue mission to liberate the leaders of Laos from the clutches of the notorious terrorists Equus and Ignisia. Our very own special correspondent, Kara Danvers, had been following this story closely, and it seems her instincts were spot on. Kara, over to you for firsthand insight," Grant announced, passing the broadcast to Kara.

"Thank you, Grant. Your words capture the essence of the situation perfectly. Through a remarkable display of strategy and courage, Superman and Supergirl successfully neutralized the insurgents, defeated their adversaries, disabled the inter-continental missiles and made certain the safety of everyone involved. I'm happy to report that there were no casualties."

"Kara, I want to applaud your bravery, but as someone with more experience, I strongly advise against venturing into dangerous zones like that again. It's evident that you've sustained injuries, and Superman himself will be escorting you to receive the necessary medical attention," Grant said.

"That's right, Grant. I completely agree with you. No more daring stunts like that in the future. However, rest assured that everyone will have the opportunity to learn more about my firsthand experience once I return to CatCo Worldwide Media and write my article. Superman, would you be so kind as to give me a lift?"

William aimed his camera at Superman as he approached Kara and Grant, capturing the shy and charming expression on his face.

"Thank you, Miss Danvers. I'm relieved that everything turned out for the best. None of this would have been possible without the assistance of Supergirl. She truly carried the weight of the mission. It's time to go now." He cradled Kara in his arms before taking off into the sky.

"This is Grant Sinclair, wishing Supergirl and Kara Danvers a safe journey home and a speedy recovery. Stay tuned for more breaking news later."

Superman and Kara Danvers were high in the sky, with Superman carrying her in his arms. Kara activated her stealth suit, and they took off on their journey towards the Fortress of Solitude in the Antarctic.

"Kara, activate the full suit and keep the visor on. We're going sub-orbital again, and we'll arrive at the Fortress before you know it."

"Alright, cuz. I'm not feeling very well."

"It's the radiation. Don't worry. The Fortress has an infirmary, and you'll be back to your normal self soon. Get ready and hold on tight."

"I won't let go, I promise."

"Good."

"Kal?"

"Yes, Kara?"

"I want to thank you for including me in this mission. I don't say it enough, I love you." Her voice was soft and trembled with exhaustion.

A warm, genuine smile crossed Superman's face as he replied, "I love you too, Kara."

"I think I'll rest now. I'm too tired. It's a shame I won't be able to see the pretty stars in the October fall."

"That's fine, don't worry. There will be plenty of opportunities to admire them."

Within seconds, Superman accelerated to supersonic speed, propelling both heroes through the sky at a velocity that few could ever fathom.

_____________________________

Chapter 17 - "Recovery and Discovery" will be out on Sunday 26th!