Chapter 36 - Supergirl Goes Through The Stargate

Author's Note: Listen to "Cinematic Scifi Music The Stargate" -- by H.E.F.S. -- while you read Supergirl going through the stargate - this is going to take you to the realms of dreams.

And for a second Supergirl saw Winn tossing to her the Omegahedron, and for a decade the stargate portal closed and for one thousand years she felt the warmth of running water from a creek moving around her physique. The water was in flux, it glided her wavy blonde hair, her feelings were unique, her senses were overwhelmed as everything around her seemed to spin in a unique, uncharted way. The liquid she felt in her skin was a continuation of her unsystematic trip. The unknown velocity of her journey surrounded her in a land of symphonic stars chanting in unison. Her bright blue eyes witnessed the funnel of effervescent colors that guided her in a perpetual voyage no one could resist. Supergirl tried to make sense of it all, using all her will to fight the temptation of rendering herself to the tranquility the creek offered her.

Not a dream.

This was not a dream, or was it?

Her memory took her to an interstellar pod she spent 12 years trapped in. The uneasy realization of being trapped in a frozen moment of time was otherwise overwhelming. She raised her arm and tried to touch the twilight. The whole galaxy swallowed her whole inside and placed her in a star blanket. Once more the creek water was bathing her and the warmth was welcomed. The star-blanket water was penetrating her pores, the light came in shapes and colors. Her eyes squinted and she could see inside of her. The star-blanket water flowed into her bloodstream. Lightwaves shook her body causing her to let out a series of unheard shrieks that echoed only in the depths of her memories of loved ones.

Her parents, Alura and Zor-El hugging her... Cat Grant asking her to take off her glasses, Hank Hanshaw calling her Supergirl for the first time... James showing his pictures, game night with Alex... and Winn making her laugh... flashbacks of sound and motion pictures.

Inexplicably she knew she was changing, the stargate was a tunnel of metamorphosis, expecting a creature so unique such as woman of might and steel.

Her trip didn't have a conductor that would normally take people to their respective destinations. She wanted to cry, but the swirling around her head didn't allow her to execute an action so crude. Firstly, her shoulders were flexed and the weight was taken from her. Then, her upper body stretched beyond recognition into infinity, twisting and turning in impossible ways.

The walls of the stargate breathed in and breathed out. They were contracting, dilating even further. The star-blanket water was floating away and in an instant, the emergence occurred. It was a moment that felt like both an eternity and a fleeting second all at once.

Dream over.

A sudden whoosh filled the air as a flash of red and blue burst out from the stargate. Supergirl found herself lying on solid ground, crawling on the grass and moaning in confusion. A rush of sensory input hit her quite harshly. She was trying to adjust to the new environment. The grass was soft and the smell of dew was comforting. She stood up slowly and gazed at the sky. The yellow sun hung high, casting a warm glow over everything. The wind was icy, but she didn't mind, still admiring the extra-terrestrial heavens. The dark blue sky was clean and a few clouds were trapped in distant mountains.

She took a deep breath of the fresh air and felt the warmth of the friendly daylight on her skin, a sensation she had experienced many times before. The sun was making her feel invigorated. She turned around and saw a forest. While she could have flown to explore the planet more quickly, she decided to take a walk and appreciate the unfamiliar flora and fauna she had never encountered before. As she strolled through the terrain, she couldn't help but marvel at the strange and fascinating sights around her.

She strode for one hour and found a lonely tree near a river and decided to rest a little under its shadow. She was trying to remember the last events that led her to the unknown planet. Her mind was cloudy with flashes of images of Mon-El, Eleanor, Alex and Winn.

A particular memory surfaced, and she decided to take flight. It was about time she got a broader view of the planet she found herself on. Soaring into the sky, she used her telescopic vision to search for any signs of civilization. From her elevated vantage point, she saw an spectacular expanse of mountain ranges below, distinct from Earth's familiar landscapes. These mountains were colossal, stretching for thousands of kilometers across the land. She noticed the distant mountains trembling, realizing that a massive earthquake was happening.

As Supergirl poised above the planet, the sheer scale of the landscape beneath her was incredible. This world was unlike anything she had ever seen. Twice the size of Earth, it was a wilderness of extremes—a super-Earth full of life, yet raw and volatile, shaped by forces never seen by human eyes. The yellow sun flashed overhead, painting the sky in shades of dark gold and amber, while two sister moons hung in the distance, intricate curves and craters dancing between their celestial bodies.