Chapter 32 - Supergirl Goes To Prison

Supergirl flew through the sky in stealth mode, rendering herself invisible to both the naked eye and tracking devices. Her mind raced with the release of news that had happened hours ago. It was a turmoil of events. Alex, Hank, and James had all been arrested by the police. She had verified with Winn, who confirmed they had been transferred to Striker's Island Penitentiary in Metropolis. The authorities had justified this move, citing security concerns about imprisoning former DEO leaders within their own facilities. What's more, Maxwell Lord was also detained at Striker's.

"Supergirl, are you there?" Winn's voice rang through.

"I'm here, Winn. Any updates?"

"Yep, basically, everyone's at Striker's right now. The Feds didn't want to lock up Hank and Alex in the DEO. It wouldn't be good for morale there to see Hank in prison."

"This is a nightmare, Winn. Have you heard from Mon-El?"

"That's a yes! Mon-El is Maxwell's bodyguard, and he's at Stryker's Island with some lawyers."

"I can't believe this!" Supergirl screamed in anger.

"Supergirl, I don't know. I have this impression he's doing that to protect himself, or worse, to protect you. I think he's afraid."

"Or being manipulated by that woman and Maxwell."

As she flew through the sky, the clouds above began to form rather darkly. Huge masses of gray clouds gathering together, casting an eerie shadow over Metropolis. The weather seemed to mirror the turmoil in her heart, and she couldn't help but feel that a reckoning was imminent. She thought back to all the times she'd clashed with Maxwell, each encounter more treacherous than the last. His cunning and ruthless nature had led to several dangers and exposed vulnerabilities she hadn't known existed. But she had grown and she was ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

"Supergirl?" Winn began. "There's more."

"Of course there is."

"Olivia Marsden is being taken to prison now. It's all over the news. The White House is in chaos. Crowds are forming on the streets. I fear this may become a nationwide issue. People are scared. The President of the United States and the Director of the DEO are revealed as aliens. Some politicians are demanding that all public servants come forward and prove they are not from another planet. It's a mess."

"What happened to 'innocent until proven guilty'?" Supergirl quoted one of the country's most important civil rights.

"Supergirl, I'm afraid to say this, but you've made it onto the FBI's most-wanted list. The police want you to surrender yourself."

Supergirl stayed quiet, letting the seriousness of the situation sink in. Her mind filled with thoughts and plans. She couldn't stand Maxwell Lord's constant manipulations and schemes any longer. It was time for this confrontation, no matter the potential consequences.

Supergirl contemplated her next move. She had become the most wanted person in the US. She thought about how she could manage these rough times while staying true to her beliefs and values. One thing was clear: she couldn't stay in the shadows any longer. It was time to face the storm head-on and find a way to restore faith and justice in a country on the brink of a civil war.

"Winn, remember our plan if the situation presents itself?" Supergirl asked.

"Yes, Supergirl. I will disable all his defense systems when you arrive. Piece of cake. Isabella's going with me."

"Are you sure about that, exposing her to a risk like that?"

"Don't worry. I need to be as casual as possible and taking my girlfriend to work will raise no suspicions as we try to hack Maxwell's mainframe."

"Good luck, then. Please, Winn, be careful."

"You too, Supergirl. See you on the other side."

********

Supergirl landed on Stryker's Island and moved carefully through the dimly lit corridors of the prison. Her footsteps sounded faintly, a plain contrast to the heavy silence in the facility. She used her super hearing and vision to find Alex.

Supergirl reached the cell door where her sister was being held. The reinforced steel posed little challenge for her. Gripping the door with one hand, she applied gentle pressure, and it gave way with a resounding creak.