Episode 3| Power Play

In Mission Command.

Chase is working, Harper walks in.

"Hey Chase, what are you doing?" Harper ask "I'm trying to find a way to get Skylar's powers back" Chase says "oh that's really nice of you" Harper says

"it would be good for the team if Skylar got her powers back " Chasesays " I agree, and it will be good for her too, not having powers really bothers her" Harper says.

"Yeah, but she doesn't know that yet" Chase says "why not?" Harper ask.

"because I promised Oliver that as soon as I find the solution I'll give him the credit, he thinks Skylar will fall in love with him if he figures out how to get her powers back" Chase says.

"And you're gonna do it for him?" Harper smiles "yeah!" Chase says "aw you're so cute" Harper says, Chase smiles.

"Oh you know me!... always helping others with my genius" Chase brags in a shy tone, Harper rolls her eyes with a smile.

"yes I do, I know my Smarty Genius!" Harper smile hugging his neck "Oh i love when you say that" Chase smiles shyly, Harper kiss his cheek quickly.

"So you already know how to do it?" Harper ask looking at the table "almost, well all i know os that Skylar was born with superpowers..." Chase starts.

"Well, technically! In a certain point of view, she doesn't have superpowers" Harper says, Chase stops and bows his head.

"Since everyone on her planet has
these powers and abilities, her powers are just part of her biology and that of everyone on her planet, it's a normal thing there, so it's not superpowers but basic things like breathing and talking" Harper says.

"You are right, it means that the cells responsible for the powers are still in
her body, as they would be natural parts of the body, not a physical thing that can be removed and kept like a trophy!" Chase says with a frown.

"yeah, her powers weren't stolen, it's just a way of looking at the situation in a fun way to put it in the comics" Harper laughs.

"Exactly, they weren't stolen they were just....they're just dormant! That's It!" Chase says excited starting to work on something "that's it!?" Harper ask "yeah!" Chase says.

He holds her face "thanks you really are my brainy babydoll!!" Chase smiles, Harper blushes "yeah i am!" Harper wrinkle her nose, Chase smiles and kisses her quickly.

"How exactly is this going to work?" Harper ask "I already have an idea" Chase says "That's great!" Harper says sits down next to the central cyber desk.

Oliver walks in "How's it going down here?" Oliver says.

"I think I might be on to something. If Skylar was born with powers, then the cells that created them are still inside her body, they're just dormant. So if science applies, which who know if it will since we're dealing with... Well, let's just call her what she is: a freak" Chase says, Oliver glares at him.

"We might be able to stimulate those dormant cells. Does Skylar have any weaknesses?" Chase ask.

"No, she's perfect. Although she'll tell you that one of her knees is higher than the other, but...I know that's not true. I've measured them many, many times" Oliver says "This is so disturbing. and then I'm the one that scares you!?" Harper tells Oliver.

"I meant physical weaknesses. Doesn't every superhero have one?" Chase says "Well, there's a chemical compound in coal that's harmful to her, and I've seen it; it ain't pretty. I couldn't even look at her knees" Oliver says.

"Great! Then if I use coal to shock her immune system it should wake up the cells" Chase says.

"Oh let me get this straight your idea is basically to give kryptonite to Superman!?" Harper smirk "Give what? For who?" Chase says "oh god!" Harper rolls her eyes.