Chapter 29: Here We Are Home Sweet Home, Tour's End

-Dear Diary- September 1984

I have NEVER in my life been SO glad to be done with a tour!! Tours can be exhausting enough without being pregnant AND morning sickness. It hasn't been ALL bad, I had Mick especially my beloved moonbeam and my friends....yes, mentally I struggled as well as physically but again Mick was right at my side, I was cared for, looked after and still am....Now it's the first of September and I've just reached or entered a huge milestone, pregnancy related: I am five months now....and its god, bitter-sweet...it's beautiful, its EVERYTHING. I waddle everywhere, as I have for really the past month or so, yet Mick never fails to look at me like I am a goddess or make me feel beautiful and it means more than words can ever express.

And somehow, we've in this planned our wedding or rather Mick took charge only asking me where I wanted it held and I told him that Mountain Lake Cabin and I also wanted to Honeymoon there, he kissed me senseless at that.... Truly it's a special place to us both. And I have a surprise for him that I am nervous about: my wedding attire. Obviously I don't want to wear sweats although not gonna lie it WOULD be SO comfortable....no, I decided to have a dress made and I thank god for Eric's help in that department....the dress in question has a sash, that curves well with my baby bump and is a shimmering reflection or match of Mick's eyes, and the dress material makes gives that ethereal effect, covered in designs of Moon's.....and I all I really know is I can't wait to marry the love of my life, the one that SAVED me.

And one of the most touching and amazing moments happened during a show one night, just a few short weeks ago.....I was waiting in the wings, Mick had just begun his solo him glancing my way and smiling, I found myself smiling back even though I was so damn exhausted already, our baby moving in time, eagerly....me with my hand on my stomach, guitar in the other when I FELT something that at first made me freeze, me not sure what it was...it felt like a nudge and I found that tears were starting to roll down my cheeks and then another nudge against my hand and another until I realized: the baby was kicking! I'd never before felt something so powerful, so beautiful and I relaxed, and was excited...the baby kicking away still and I managed to mouth to Mick, 'the baby is kicking!" his eyes widened with shock, filling with tears....and then when I at last joined him on stage, the baby once again kicked when Mick was near enough to touch me, and he felt it, placing a hand on my stomach. The world around us disappearing...just me, him, and our unborn child.

-End of Entry-

I place my diary aside, laying propped up in bed...Mick bringing me a snack craving and something to drink...and I caress my swollen stomach as baby moonflower as Mick and I call HER, yes HER...for we found out officially yesterday and its been a few days, a week since we got off the tour, Mick wanted me to rest for a bit and I didn't argue before our wedding...anyway, I speak to my daughter, feeling her move...

"Hey princess, you really seem to be doing well. I never thought I'd get to experience this, but I am SO glad and beyond grateful I am. I hope you know how very much I love you and I KNOW that your siblings that I sadly lost are watching over you, over me. I am experiencing so many new things, with you...with daddy. Daddy is the greatest man, the bravest, the strongest and most loving soul I have ever known. He's bringing me and by extension some of my favorite cravings, which means YOU love them my precious little moonflower. I love you so much, I hope you know." My precious little girl moves much more energetically and begins to kick me and when I look up, I see why, my heart fluttering at the sight of my beloved soon to be husband. "I do believe our daughter is crazy about you Mick, she always moves and kicks more when daddy is in the room, like she KNOWS."

"Well, she IS part alien after all." Mick teases before adding more seriously the sheen of tears present which gets me started, "I've never had anyone until you Paul and now her be crazy about me, it means everything to me.... now I brought you your favorites..." Mick nods towards and helps me with the tray laden with my snack cravings: Cherries, olives, cucumbers, some ham, and my favorite tea of the moment (caffeine free of course) ...Raspberry, I eagerly dig in...Mick chuckling, looking at me in awe like I am the most beautiful creature he's ever laid eyes on, and I feel myself blush. "You know you look so beautiful Paul."

"Thanks to you I believe that." Softly, in between bites..., "I love you and thank you for doing this for me, for everything really." Softly he kisses me as I resume eating feeling our daughter stretch within me in delight....

"The only thanks I need is YOU..." Mick's voice catches a bit. "Just a few more days and we'll be married, and I can't wait.... words I never thought I'd say."

"Same here..." I trail off and it occurs to me suddenly, "Ya knows...our little moonflower needs a name, I kind of have a unique middle name...but not a first." At this point I've polished off my cravings, sighing in satisfaction as Mick places both hands on my stomach caressing it and the way his eyes light up and fill with tears when I can tell he comes up with a name!!

"Luna.... i really feel it's perfect for her."

"Luna...." I try out savoring the name and I feel her kick at that, "I'd say she loves that...Luna it is...now her middle name..." and here is where I really give into the tears, "---Her middle name I want it to be Winter...because it was winter when you.... found me and saved my life..." I bursts into tears, Luna squirming about in protest until Mick carefully takes me in his arms and she and then I begin to calm...

"Shh, hey I got you...and I think that's perfect..." Mick chokes out tearfully, "Luna Winter Mars it is...its absolutely perfect...and Paul?" Here I look at him as he carefully wipes my tears despite his own, "—For once that night, granted I wish to God, I had found you sooner...but for once I was in the right place at the right time, you gave me a chance without even trying, you were just YOU.... Truth is your life isn't the only one that was saved that night. and now, here we are.... you, me, and Luna our little moonflower....and just a few more days and we'll get married and then will belong to each other in all ways. So, it shall always be...a lifetime with you at my side? Hell yes."

Truer words have never been spoken and I agree wholeheartedly....

Little did I know among several surprises Mick had planned for our wedding and honeymoon...well it would be during our honeymoon that Luna's nursery would be done. First our wedding.... I remember every moment, every moment though about 40 years have passed.

A/N: The baby has a name! a little girl! The tour is over, and they are at home sweet home. Next chapter will be the first of two parts dedicated to the wedding of Mick and Paul!