17 - 'Owning up to mistakes'

A knock at the door follows. I run over to open the door to see Arthur in the door with Chocolates.

"I heard-" Arthur began to say.

"You heard what Arthur?" Charles said appearing behind me.

"Je ne m'attendais pas à ce que tu sois ici." Arthurs Mutters.
"I didn't expect you to be here"

"Bien sûr que vous ne l'avez pas fait. Mon Dieu, qu'est-ce qui ne va pas chez toi ! Tu es mon frère, tu devrais être heureux que je n'essaie pas de le gâcher!" Charles says raising his voice.
'Of course you didn't. God what's wrong with you! You're my brother you should be happy for me not trying to ruin it!'

"Les gars baissent la voix ! Jack est endormi." I snap at the two arguing
'Guys lower your voice! Jack is asleep.'

"I'm sorry but Charles you could have had anyone in the world! Why my best friend?!" Arthur shouts ignoring my comment.

"Fuck sake Arthur! You think if she wasn't your best friend I wouldn't love her? I can't help that I'm deeply in love with her or the fact she's your best friend." Charles shouts back.

I can't help but smile at Charles' words.

"You need to grow up Arthur. We discussed this the last time!" Charles follows onto say.

"I don't understand why I just can't accept it but I'm worried I'll loose both of you" Arthur says before walking away.

I push past Charles and run to hug my best friend. I run and give Arthur the biggest hug and I could feel Arthur about to cry. I begin to comfort him and stupidly end up sitting in the apartment hallway not letting go of each other.

"I'd never leave you. Even if my Charles were to break up. You're the most important man in my life." I say smiling wiping the tears off his face.

"Okay rude." Charles says jokingly scoffing.

After a while, We all had a deep conversation and Me and Charles also made it official. Jack started cheering when he overheard and came to sit in Charles Lap when we were talking.

Arthur also added that he had also been hiding his girlfriend. We invited her over and all had a dinner that Charles struggled to cook.

I started talking to Carla and discovered that shes an influencer of sorts from Germany.

"Ich liebe es, wie du auch Deutsch sprichst!" I laugh smiling.
"I love how you also speak German."

"Französisch ist anstrengend" She replied.
'French is exhausting.'

"Ich.. erm.. Ich weiß!" Jack says trying to speak German.
'I.. erm.. I know!'

"You'll learn it properly one day don't worry mate! For now we will speak English!" Charles says picking him up placing him in the Countertop in the kitchen.

I watch as Charles makes Jack laugh and can't help but fall for him even more. He's so good with kids. I know Charles wants Children but that's not in the books for many years yet.

 I know Charles wants Children but that's not in the books for many years yet

We all sat down to eat the pasta to discover that it wasn't exactly cooked. Jack ate all of it as he felt bad and laughed at Arthur trying to eat it.

"As much as I love you, Who wants expensive takeout?" I suggested.

"Thank god someone said something! Yes I'll happily pay!" Arthur says running over to get his phone.

Charles looks stunned and jokingly places his hand on his chest acting hurt.

"Charlie I loved it!" Jack says running over and hugging him.

"Well thank you Jack. I'm glad at least someone liked it." Charles replies.

"Technically I haven't said if I like it or not?" Carla added.

As time moved on, we ended up ordering a pizza from an expensive restaurant and had a mini movie night. Jack got picked up and Arthur and Carla went home so it was just me and Charles.

"Well that was a hectic day.." Charles mutters falling into the bed laying next to me and turning to face me.

"So now we are official.. Are we going to make it public or just wait?" I ask turning to face him as well.

"Whatever your comfort with. I just want you to be happy." Charles says tucking my hair begin my ear then giving me a peck on the lips before placing his arm around me pulling me in closer.

--SKIP TO SATURDAY-

Qualifying was today. Charles had gotten up early and left me a note in case I wondered where he was. I woke up and quickly made my way to the paddock.

I wore a short red dress with a Mercedes Jacket and a Mercedes hat with black heels. Once I arrived I was showed to the Mercedes garage where I went to check on Lewis.

"How you feeling?" I ask helping him get his suit and helmet on.

"I mean it's a tough track. But hey I've won it 3 times!" Lewis replies.

"Well don't push yourself too much. We wouldn't want the car to be all over the track would we?" I joke as Lewis steps into the car. I run over to the Ferrari Garage to just catch Charles getting his helmet on.

"I was starting to think you would miss qualifying Amour." Charles says lifting his balaclava up to kiss me.

"I couldn't miss you getting pole on our home race." I say placing the balaclava back down and putting his helmet on.

Charles winked at me and got in the car. I went back to the Mercedes Garage and got given a headset just to listen into radios and stuff like that. Lewis suggested I have one.

In the first segment of qualifying, there was a red flag after Yuki clipped the barrier, and Alex, Pierre, lance , Latifi, and Zhou were eliminated from the session; some drivers, such as Bottas, Gasly, lewis, and Zhou, were not able to have a final lap due to traffic and crossed the line on the checkered flag.In the second segment, Tsunoda, Bottas, Magnussen, Ricciardo, and Schumacher were eliminated.

In the third and final segment Sergio Pérez spun and crashed before the tunnel section, and was then hit by Carlos Sainz Jr., who saw the yellow flags too late.The red flag was thrown,and the session ended was not resumed, with the 30-seconds left on the clock not sufficient for anyone to start another lap. Charles, who led all three qualifying sessions,took the pole position ahead of Sainz and Pérez. Championship leader Max Verstappen finished fourth, with Lando Norris, George Russell, Fernando Alonso, who crashed on his own at Mirabeau in his last flying lap, Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel, and Esteban Ocon completing the top ten.

As Charles parked his car up he ran out and jumping into the Ferrari crew. He looked me in the eye and with no hesitation ran up to me and smashed his lips on mine spinning me around.

A camera was very shortly shoved in our faces. Charles went off the celebrate while I went off to see how Lewis was doing.

"Lew you okay?" I ask slightly smiling.

"It is what it is." He replies taking off his helmet.

"8th place still gets you points! I'm sure yesterday you'll do even better tomorrow!" I say comforting him the best I can.

I look up at the podium to see Charles celebrate them he gives me a wink and proceeds to spray Carlos right in the face with champagne.

--AUTHORS NOTES--

Hey guys! Sorry for the delay!

Hope these chapters made up for it😔😔

I was thinking.. what's your guys opinion if perhaps Nora started racing in idk maybe F1 Academy..??? I just feel like she needs a proper job.. 😭

Anyways remember to vote and comment! Don't be a silent readerr!

Bye guys! - Olivia xoxo