18 - 'New Opportunities'

The next morning, Charles was extremely excited yet nervous so struggled to sleep but was extremely focused.

After making our relationship known, There has been many different opinions. My father wants to speak to me and also my mother. Oddly enough it's separate.

Me and Charles made our way to the track and I could feel Charles grip on my waist tighten when walking closer and closer.

"Charles look at me." I say and watch his deepening eyes look into mine. "This is your race. You're on the front row! The hardest part is over. Now you just gotta finish it and win at our home race." I say kissing him softly after.

"What if I fail? I'll be an embarrassment.." Charles mutters underneath his breath almost like he's ashamed to admit.

"Then you'll have the whole of Monaco behind you. We will support you whatever place you come. The only way you could fail and become an embarrassment is if you don't try." I say holding his shoulders giving him that boost.

"God I love you mon amour"He replies kissing me passionately before pulling his Suit up over his fireproofs.

"I love you too Charlie." I Reply watching him leave the room.

I walk to the Mercedes garage to see my father not looking to happy but my mother on the other hand looks extremely happy.

"Jack is above on the balcony with Arthur!" My mother tells me and I nod.

I go upstairs to see Arthur covering his ears as the cars start to rev.

[Race Summary]
Perez overtook both the Ferraris of Carlos Sainz and Charles Leclerc at the first round of pit stops to seal his first win of the season. Sainz did his best to chase down Perez at the end, but was made to settle for P2, ahead of Verstappen in third. An extremely disappointed Charles Leclerc finished his home race in fourth.

George Russell was the "best of the rest" in P5, ahead of Lando Norris in sixth. Fernando Alonso was a distant P7, just ahead of Lewis Hamilton in P8. Pierre Gasly did his best to fight through the field after starting 17th but could only end up in P12.

It was a tough day for Haas, as both of drivers failed to see the chequered flag, as while Kevin Magnussen retired with a system water pressure loss, Mick Schumacher crashed into the barrier at the Swimming Pool complex, which brought out the red flags.
[End of summary]

As Perez, Carlo and Max all line up the cars I look over to see Charles go straight inside the garage. Storming past everyone looking upset. Arthur turns to give me a look.

"You're taking this one- I took the last 3 that were all about you." Arthur blurts out.

"Okay just look after Jack." I say running down the stairs only to be stopped by my father.

"Nora Karlotta Wolff. Wir müssen jetzt reden." He says blocking the way.
'We have to talk now.'

"Es kann warten Vater!" I reply trying to get past.
'It can wait dad'

"Hast du nie daran gedacht, mir zu sagen, dass du mit einem Leclerc herumläufst?" He blurts out giving me a death stare.
'Have you never thought of telling me that you're running around with a Leclerc?'

"For gods sake. Ich habe es getan, aber ich wusste, wie du reagieren würdest!" I argue back.
'I did, but I knew how you would react!'

After I said that I pushed past him and ran to Charles drivers room and saw the place all messed up and his Race suit and equipment was just through everywhere.