𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝚒𝚜 𝙻𝚊𝚍𝚢 𝙰? 𝚅𝚘𝚕𝚞𝚖𝚎 𝙸𝙸

The Brooks Gang did their work for their town. Nothing too big of course, they just solved the mystery of Lady A, who just happened to cause misery to everyone's lives by spreading lies and stuff...again, nothing too major.

The BG (Jessie's new nickname for the group)grew up, graduated, and got their jobs. They were all married, with children. They were close to their forties, living happily.

So,

Did they live happily ever after?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

No.

Because they received an anonymous emails. From Eliza Mill's old email. Back when she was mayor.

Great, you found me last time. Let's see if you can play again. I hide, you seek.

-Lady A

The Gang had gathered back in Brooks at Jessie's place. Her parents and big brother weren't at home, so it was the perfect place to have their talk. "What about Josh? Did he answer any of your texts?", Noah asked. His dark circles were more prominent than ever, probably because he had just finished directing another amazing show.

"Yeah, I did, they're getting ready for Rosie's wedding...i think Josh is planning to propose to Ginerva too...Luke is still sick though", Lily answered softly. Luke had been ill for a few months now, but there was still no diagnosis.

There was a silence.

"Well, at least the psycho was kind enough to send an email without wasting any paper", Annie said.

"What?", Lily gasped.

"Yeah Lil, remember that time when Jes said ""These people really don't care about the environment! Why paper? Ever heard of an email?""?

"I-"

"What? Global warming is real"

"That...That is true", Jessie mumbled.

"I think I have to meet my mom", Janet spoke. Everyone turned to her, looking slightly uncomfortable. "I...I need to know if she did this...", she said in a soft whisper. "You don't have to go alone", Daniel said kindly. "Yeah, I'll come with you", Annie promised. Janet nodded gratefully and closed her eyes. When she opened them again, Lily, Noah, Jessie, Daniel and Annie were staring at her. They were around the kitchen table, with hot tea in their mugs, which remained untouched.

"It's really happening again, isn't it?"

No one answered, but they all looked at each other.

Was this really happening again?

Yes.

Yes it was.

﹒⪩⪨﹒

"What do you mean, it wasn't you?"

Eliza Mills stared back at Annie, Jessie and Janet. She tapped on the board.

It wasn't me.

"It has to be you! The message was from your old email mom", Annie insisted. Janet tried to keep calm.

Eliza frowned. She started writing a long sentence on the whiteboard.

Darling, is your friend stupid or something?

"You know, I never got to punch you in the face", Annie got her fist ready but Jessie held her back. "Easy Annie", she warned. She stared at her cousin, who looked disturbed. And she couldn't blame her. Because if it wasn't Eliza Mills...