- XVI

I had to update it just one night before Taehyung's birthday. Happy birthday , captain!✨❤️🌿

Seokjin was sitting on his bed, face blank of any emotion; his red eyes acting as the evidence of the grief he went through. He lost his first love, his husband, the one whom he loved with every inch of his soul.

There was a dagger in his hand , which he was running his fingers over, caressing the sharp edge.

"Death can't be avoided"

A whisper left past his dry and rusty lips as he smiled like a maniac, it was a sickening smile but still less sickening than the one he had while he did the sin of providing emancipation to his beloved husband.

He looked at the dried blood on the dagger and felt his eyes getting misty. He slowly brought it to his mouth and kissed it as few tears slipped past the curtain of his eye lashes.

A knock was heard on the door as he pushed the dagger under his pillow and quickly got up, moving towards the door and unlocking it.

It was Jungkook.

"H-hyung, there are few merchants from the Eastern coast. Our l-late king had signed some treaty with them, so would you like to have a look a-at it? They want to meet y-you...I tried to s-stop the—"

"Easy, take it easy. Call them in here itself." Seokjin replied coldly but his face softened at the youngers' worried face.

"In your bedroom? W-why?" Jungkook questioned with confusion and the older just sighed, asking him to do whatever he is told to and the younger nodded, taking his leave ; shortly returning back with a troop of merchants.

"Greetings to my majesty."

The leader of the troop said, bowing which was imitated by his teammates too. 

Seokjin reciprocated the greetings quickly and asked them about their reason to come here. He also told them that the king is no more and hence he had no idea about what business they had pending.

But the merchants were quick to reply, telling the queen that how they were here just for returning some part of installments which the king had provided them for goods exchange but due to storm, the yield was wasted and the demand couldn't be fulfilled so they thought to return the money and also to pay a visit to show their grief on the king's passing away.

"Here is the tag."

The leader extended the tag and showed it to Seokjin and Jungkook.

Jungkook took it in his hand, examining it carefully before passing it to Seokjin to have a look too.

"This tag is different from our official trading tags." He added as the first queen was looking at it.

"Actually Jungkook, this is a premium tag the king had made for some rare goods exchanges. I can recognise it very well."

Seokjin replied as he returned back the tag to the leader of the troop of merchants and the younger nodded understandigily.

"I'll need to have a conversation with my queen personally. It won't take much time, well only if you agree."

The leader requested to be alone with the elder and Jungkook clenched his fist, not liking how the elder was listening to everything this sick merchant had to say.

As expected, Jin signalled everyone to leave them alone and Jungkook could just stare angrily at the elder who just nodded in assurance, asking him to go out too and the younger huffed, walking out of the room with a sulking face.

The doors were closed as both the male were left alone in the chamber.

"My majesty, I've a message for you. This *takes out a scroll* , please take it. I'm really sorry to hear the news about  your husband. We had some plans but everything happened so unexpectedly."

The male said chuckling and the queen also smiled a little.

"Well. You know, there were a lots of predators behind a single prey and deciding who would have the meal, would've given a lot more time to the prey and I didn't want that."

Seokjin replied as he opened the scroll to read it but then shut it again.

"You're right. We're here to officially loot the treasure of this kingdom and if it doesn't work as planned, we might need to announce a war."

"Ah, don't worry about that. You won't need to do so ,especially when I'm the one leading y'all to my own treasure. I'll make sure that you'll will have no troubles here, Sunghwoon"

The queen said sternly as he turned his back to Sunghwoon who nodded understandigily.

"I almost forgot to tell you that my majesty is going back to claim Queen Jimin after claiming back the throne of Silia."

Sunghwoon said, catching Jin's attention who looked at him with an amused expression.

"Well... Everything is his. He can do whatever he wishes. Would he not come to meet me?"

Jin questioned as he motioned the other to have a seat.

"Of course, he'll. After trading some lands, he'll come back to you and then go to Silia with you. He was pretty concerned about how upset you must be after your husband's dead."

"Upset? I was upset with my own husband who wasn't even a nice human. I know the loss is hurting me but what's the point of mourning when I'm the one who lost it all by my own hands."

Seokjin replied blankly.

"Yeah. We heard that queen Jimin couldn't finish him so you did some contribution yourself. It must suck."

Hearing Sunghwoon say this, the queen just nodded.

It had never been easy for him. His life has been nothing but a path full of horns since he got to know that his brother was still alive and Namjoon was the one behind everything.

He had tried almost each thing to forgive his husband but the latter kept doing the worse.

Especially when he forced Jimin to marry him and made it seem like Jimin was a whore here in Jin's eyes. When in reality, it was him who was the monster here.

Seokjin tried to warn and stop Namjoon each time but the latter never listened to him and kept breaking his heart and trust each time. He broke each thread of patience within Seokjin and now the game was ended on the fair side.

He had to help Jimin in killing his own husband. He was the one met Jimin just before the first night started and offered to help him.

Seokjin can still remember Jimin's shocked face when he offered to kill Namjoon. But Jimin didn't had much time so he agreed without questioning that why the elder was trying to murder his own husband.

The elder asked Jimin to not kill the king fully and let him be be subconscious for a moment so that Jin could talk to him for a while before finishing him by his own hands.

He sneaked in the poison inside the room without getting on the point of suspicion and helped Jimin but hell broke down on him  when Namjoon slapped Seokjin, he was hurt and really angry.

That  was the moment when he decided that he'll stab his husband right into his heart for keeping breaking Seokjin's heart each time.

He didn't want to be used anymore for prosperity and power so he took the power in his own hand and even helped Jimin.

But there was one thing he didn't share to his widower brother in law. That one thing being the most important thing in Jimin's life.

"I wish I could've told Jimin that he wasn't a widower and that his  husband is still alive."

Seokjin said and Sunghwoon nodded.

"Very soon, hyung. Very soon. My majesty will come back in our queen's life again and paint his pale life with colours again."

The now actually widower queen nodded, hoping for the best to happen in his family's life , especially in Jimin's life.

______________________

Vote aim 30+
Do it & get your Update.

Sorry for the short length of this chapter.

Date- 29th December
Words count- 1.5K