-XXIV

Taehyung was sitting in the indoor lake, enjoying the beauty while his feet was dipped under the water. He felt peaceful after so long. He looked at the tiny fishes swimming in the clear water and tickling his feets, a sigh rising through his throat as he waited for Jimin who has gone to make Taehyung's favourite shake (even when he isn't good in culinary arts)

He was also informed that Prince Jihoon has arrived to meet him. He was clearly not in the mood to see anyone at this moment. All he wanted was to meet his parents, his citizens and then stay clingy to his husband.

But unfortunately for him, the grand doors swung open, and Prince Jihoon entered with a confident, almost feline grace. The King turned back to look, his eyes briefly widening at the sight of the prince's radiant presence. As Jihoon approached, his gaze never left Taehyung's, a subtle smile playing on his lips.

"Welcome, Prince Jihoon," Taehyung said, extending his hand. "It is an honor to have you in our kingdom."

"The honor is mine, Your Majesty. I couldn't stop myself from coming to meet you after knowing that you're alive," Prince Jihoon replied, his voice smooth as silk. He clasped the king's hand, lingering a moment longer than customary. "I have heard much about the beauty and prosperity of your land, but seeing it pales in comparison to meeting you."

Taehyung gestured towards a seat beside him. "Please, sit and make yourself comfortable. We have prepared a feast in your honor. I'll tell the guards to guide you and my apologies but I'm not feeling energetic enough to accompany you. "

Saying this, Taehyung called for a guard to take Jihoon to banquet but the prince refused saying that he'll eat here itself on a stool while watching the pretty lake and the King couldn't refuse his guest's demand.

As they dined, Prince's presence seemed to dominate the room. His laughter was melodic, his words eloquent, and his gaze, whenever it met Taehyung's, was both piercing and inviting. After the banquet, he leaned closer, his voice a seductive murmur.

"Your Majesty, I have a proposition," he began, his eyes locked onto Taehyung's. "I would love for you to give me a personal tour of your kingdom. A horse ride would be an intimate way to experience the true essence of your land, don't you think?"

King's smile faltered slightly, though he couldn't deny the allure in Jihoo's eyes. "A horse ride, you say? While I appreciate your enthusiasm, Prince, I must decline. It is not safe for us to ride outside the castle grounds without proper precautions."

Prince's brow furrowed slightly, his expression a mix of disappointment and challenge. "But, Your Majesty, surely with your royal guards, we would be well protected? I find the idea of riding through your kingdom, with you by my side, incredibly... enticing."

Taehyung sighed, trying to maintain his composure under Jihoon's intense gaze. "Our lands have become unpredictable of late. Bandits roam the outskirts, and the terrain itself can be treacherous. I cannot risk your safety, nor mine, on such an endeavor."

Jihoo leaned back, a thoughtful yet seductive smile playing on his lips. "I understand your concern, King Kim. Perhaps there is another way for me to see your kingdom? A carriage ride with a strong escort, maybe? We could still enjoy each other's company, albeit in a safer manner."

Taehyung smiled at the suggestion. "Yes, a carriage ride would be much safer. We can arrange for an escort of our finest guards. This way, you will be able to see the beauty of our land without undue risk."

Prince Jihoon smiled, his eyes twinkling with satisfaction. "That sounds perfect, Your Majesty. I look forward to it."

"But I'm sorry to say that I can't join you because I'm not well as I told you earlier. Perhaps, I can accompany you the next time you feel like visiting, "