- XVIII

Jimin has expected a bunch of scenarios and reactions he'd get once he reaches Silia but what he was experiencing was anything but the reaction he has thought about.

All he expected was a warm yet peaceful welcome and mourning about Jin's condition but never in trillion years, anyone would have imagined that Jimin would be welcomed with a grand musical band, troops of dancers and flowers covering each dust particles of soil wherever he put his feet.

"Appa....This is....So unexpected. I loved it. You didn't have to do this." Jimin said while trying not to cry.

The moment he stepped in Silia, he felt like he has conquered the whole universe. As if this was the happy ending of his story— a story which was about a barren land until spring came and painted it green; only to leave it colourless in this cruel world again and finally he got a full stop to his story full of suffering. Finally.

He was feeling really overwhelmed right now because he couldn't even believe that it was all real. It would surely require some time for him to accept the truth.

"Ah, this is not my doing. The whole kingdom of Silia has been decorated like a bride for welcoming our King that is you, Jimin."

Jimin softly smiled at it and turned towards the people who were all lined up just to get a glimpse of their king returning safely. He felt a wave of gratitude wash over his heart and mind.

"I-I am really thankful to you all. There might be kings who are richer than us but I bet that I'm the only lucky one to get people like you as my treasure. Thank y-you...t-thank you"

Jimin said, finally breaking into tears  as people expressed their love for him by chanting 'Long Live , Kim Jimin' whole heartedly in unison.

"Thankyou everyone. We'll have a fair for celebrating our happiness on this weekend. Till then, lets hope for our King to have some rest and heal properly." The prime minister announced loudly as the king was escorted safely into the palace.

As soon as Jimin stepped inside the palace halls, he paused for a moment and looked at each corner as if consuming the scene for the last time. He smiled at his inner thoughts and shook his head.

"Where's eomma?" He turned towards his father in law with a questioning gaze.

"Um.. we are planning to pay a visit to Seokjin. We thought that it's the best for you if you stay here itself."

"I understand your concern. I'll stay here and don't worry about my safety. I've brought some extra men for my safety. Hyung needs you all." Jimin assured the former king with a sweet smile and the elder hesitated for a moment and looked at the men clasped in all black and signalled Jimin to come in a corner.

"Yes , appa?" Jimin whispered.

"They look suspicious. Are you sure about them?" This made Jimin chuckle softly.

"I know that, appa. I thought so too. But on my journey to Silia, they've saved me thrice. In these seven days, they've proved their loyalty. Can you believe it that one of them literally took an arrow to save me?"

"Arrow? Who attacked you?"

"The same old troop of rogue robbers of the eastern woods. Don't worry, these men have handled it all." Jimin assured his father in law who finally nodded in agreement.

They walked back to their original position and Jimin literally muffled his laugh when his father in law threatened those soldiers about better safety of Jimin. His threats were really dangerous and the scared faces of the soldiers were just too hilarious and especially, when Jimin knew that his appa isn't that kind of person.