-XXIII

He walked into the room with a confidence that was as seductive as it was commanding, every glance a promise and every step a challenge to those who dared to underestimate him.

Everyone stood up to greet the walking Greek god who swayed his hips like waves of river dancing on the hypnotic rhythm.

"Greetings to prince Jihoon. What brings you here, my Lord? " Asked Yongjae with gritted teeth because he loathed the prince from his heart.

Jihoon looked at him for a moment, their eyes locking together for a second as he scanned the latter with his piercing glare before nodding.

"Can't I just visit my neighbouring kingdom? Seems like I'm troubling you. I'm here to greet our king after hearing the news of his return.,"

He said, his lips stretching into a small yet provident smirk.

"Well, we've not announced it officially yet. Only a few of us know about it but it s—"

"Huh? Are you accusing me now? I am wellwisher of Silia so this good news can't be hidden from me. I've my own ways, you know, "

Youngjae scoffed before nodding.

"Hmm.. Welcome to Silia then I guess. The king is in his chamber and we're told not to disturb him. You should have some rest them, "

Before Jihoon could get a chance to butt in, the soldier immediately guided him towards one of the guest rooms, ordering the maids to take care of the Royal guest properly.

After that he immediately ran towards the King's chamber, slightly knocking on the door as he heard a sound from inside, asking him to come inside.

He carefully went inside to see that Taehyung was sleeping in Jimin's lap while the other was busy in caressing his head, his eyes puffy and red as if he cried a lot.

Jimin looked at him with a scowl, "You knew all along, right? ", he questioned to which youngjae nodded while hanging his head low.

" It was an order so I can't go against it, my majesty. " He replied with a small smile, his eyes finding satisfaction at the sight of the two lovers in each other's arms, laying peacefully as ever.

Jimin however nodded, not having anything to hold a grudge against.

"My majesty, I'm here to warn you about something, " Youngjae said in a secretive tone to which Jimin made a confused face before slowly removing his husband's head from his lap and commanded the latter to follow him to their indoor lake.

_______

Prince Jihoon stood by the window, his silhouette illuminated by the moonlight streaming into the grand hall. The ornate carvings on the walls seemed to come alive in the soft glow, adding an air of mystique to the room. The heavy doors creaked open, and a Royal worker from the neighboring kingdom stepped in, his expression a mask of thinly veiled contempt.

"Ah, Youngjae," Jihoon purred, turning with a slow, deliberate grace. "What a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting you to accompany your king on this visit."

Well it was true that the soldier indeed wasn't a resident of Silia. He only joined the King's troop when the king was supposedly killed by Namjoon.

He eyes narrowed, his lips curling into a sneer. "Your expectations have never aligned with reality, Jihoon. Or should I call you Prince Jihoon now?"

Jihoon's smile didn't falter. He took a step closer, his presence as commanding as it was seductive. "Titles are mere formalities. You know that better than anyone."