41. Brotherly Bond

~6 months later~

"Here catch" called Aemond and threw a sack of gold to Daeron. Aegon pulled his hood closer around his head and was laughing at the scene.

The three princes had left the castle and were now wandering the streets of King's Landing. "You son of a bitch, I knew you took it." Daeron cussed.

"We have the same mother, idiot" Aegon comments with a chuckle while aemond gave the two a pointed stare "Don't talk like that about our mother, incolent animals"

Daeron held up his hands in defeat but Aegon couldn't stop laughing. Not even with his younger brother's stare

"Come on, brother. You should learn to relax a bit," he said, wrapping his arm around Daeron's shoulders to keep walking. Aemond shook his head with a sigh. "How Is It Possible That You Are Going To Be A Father"

"Well, the act is simple. If you had come with me to the brothel when we were younger, I wouldn't have had to explain to you."

Dareon's eyebrows shot up towards the hairline. He turned quickly so as not to see his amusment.

Aemond just kept walking as if he didn't hear anything and the three of them kept walking through the city. They stopped at a Stand where Daeron picked up a necklace with a light blue stone. He paid the old man, who seemed pleased with the sum

"To Helaena, I suppose," Aegon said, elbowing Daeron in the arm. "To think that mother wanted marry me to Helaena once upon a time."

"Seven hells, thank the gods that it didn't come to be." Daeron said.

Aegon nodded in agreement, in the past he didn't want to get married, not even to Alyssa but now he wouldn't change anything for the world.

"How is she by the way?" Asking Aemond from behind, Aegon turned around to look at him

"She's fine. But I wonder how you don't know, do you ever see her?" The intention was to tease him a little, despite Helaena, Daeron's and Alyssa's insistence that they need to get closer.

"Unfortunately, my never-ending work has made it difficult."

The prince hummed in response and continued walking. This was going to be a long day.

_______________________________________

"Mother, it's been a long time since I wrote to you, but I want to let you know that the maesters have told me that the Babe has only a few weeks left, and I'd really like to have you here before then. Please take my brothers and sisters with you, as it would have brought me great joy. I'm afraid I might not see tomorrow if they didn't get to see their niece or nephew. But with all that said, I hope to see you soon."

Alyssa

A

lyssa folded the letter and lifted the warm wax from the candle. The wax fell onto the paper and she stamped it with her seal, forming a red round shape with the three-headed dragon.

She held out the letter to Tanya, who was standing next to her with a tray of the medicine that the maesters insisted she was drinking. "Send this to dragonstone"