43. I've waited a long time

The sun was shining and even though the temperature around was still a bit chilly, the sun warmed up and heat spread quickly over King's Landing. Helaena and Daeron had important things to do, so Alyssa sat out in the backyard with the twins.

Calm spread over her as Rhaella leaned her head against her stomach on one side and Jaehary's on the left. A short distance away, Diana and Sir Noah stood next to each other, keeping an eye on the royals.

"Did you feel him kicking?" Alyssa asked as they both pulled their heads away from her stomach to look at her. Rhaella was the first to respond.

"I felt it, can he hear us?" The little girl looked at Alyssa inquiringly, she ran her hand through Rhaella's hair and beamed at her. Jaeharys ignored their conversation and put his head back against his stomach to feel more.

"You can talk, I guess he can hear us"

"What's his name?"

Alyssa sighed questioningly, well that's a good question she thought as she ran her hand over her stomach. "First he should be born, then we decide. Do you have any suggestions?"

"I want it to be a girl."

"We'll see, only the gods know what it is. Let's hope he's healthy." She felt quite satisfied with that answer. Rhaella nodded and followed her brother's lead and leaned back against her stomach to continue listening. Her little fingers poked at it from time to time as she tried to talk to the child, and was suitably disappointed when she didn't get an answer.

Diana approached, which caught Alyssa's attention. "Princess, the children will be cold, with your permission i should go and fetch something for them inside."

They had been sitting out there for quite some time without noticing, she felt their hands and nodded at Diana. "Yes, their hands are rather cold" She replied before looking down at the two of them. "Rhaella, Jaeharys, we can go inside if you are cold. I don't want you to get sick."

"But it's so nice out here." Jaeharys wined with a pouted lower lip. Rhaella looked up at her with pleading eyes, "Please, Auntie, let's stay here a while longer."

Alyssa smiled at them, how could anyone say no to them. It was completely incomprehensible. She nodded and raised her eyes to Diana. Telling her to fetch something warm for them.

They sat like that for a while, even after Diana came out with a blanket for them they sat there for an hour or so before they heard Helaena walking towards them.

"I see you're having a good time" she said, as soon as she heard her mother's voice, Rhaella stood up to run towards Helaena. She picked up the girl and went to sit next to Alyssa. Rhaella had already assumed her usual position, with her head leaning on her mother's chest.

"Yes indeed, they are so peaceful to be with. Rhaella tried to talk to him, but he didn't seem very talkative."

"Oh, that's a shame. Next time, maybe little flower." Helaena giggled and landed a kiss on the girl's head.

"Where's Daeron?"

"He and Aegon went somewhere. They come home late, he said. They're going to train together and then something else that I don't remember."

"I see" Alyssa nodded, looking up at the sky. "I'm starving, let's go in and ask the chefs to send dinner to my room so we can eat together.She suggested and they all agreed, standing up everyone walked towards her room.

Everyone sat at the table and waited for all the food to be brought in. Tanya poured water into Alyssa's cup while Diana put food on the table for the children who were arguing about who would get to eat the lemon cake afterwards.