44. One Day, We Will Leave

It's been two days since the birth of Prince Baelon and the rest of Alyssa's family have arrived to meet the new addition to the Targaryen Dynasty.

In Alyssa's chamber, her entire family stands around the bed and meets the baby. Daemon walks around proudly because his first grandchild is named after his own father, just as Baela is about her nephew having a masculine version of hers.

Jace bounced him up and down and proclaimed proudly "I'm telling you, I'm the favorite uncle"

Alyssa's little brother Aegon was in bed with her cuddling as the others were too busy with Baelon. She ran her hand over his hair and back and forth.

Baela sat down on the bed next to the two of them and smiled, "You're lucky I don't live here, otherwise you wouldn't have had the chance to see him. He had been with me the whole time." she jested. Rhaena stood behind her and shook her head humorously at her sister without a filter.

"I'm certainly lucky, I can barely manage five minutes without him." She ghost, which was the truth. When the Queen wanted Baelon to be brought to her one evening, she had to send Tanya just a few minutes later to pick him up.

Rhaenyra sat down on the edge of the bed next to Alyssa with Baelon in her arms. He looked around the room, completely oblivious to what was happening around him.

"I remember how you used to get mad at me for being strict, but as you can see, it's not easy to be a mother."

"I guess I deserve that."

The door opened and Aegon walked in, a little shocked that Alyssa's entire family was there. The whole room fell silent when he entered the room.

Aegon shook them off as if they weren't there and walked over to Alyssa and kissed her on the forehead as she looked up at him with a smile.

"I didn't know you were all here" he said to break the silence. Alyssa took his taunt and continued to smile.

"Don't worry, they just wanted to see Baelon before they travel back to the Dragonstone." She replied. Jace cleared his throat and went to say goodbye to his sister along with the others and then went out.

Little Aegon who was lying next to her reluctantly followed Rhaena out, leaving Rhaenyra and Daemon with Aegon and Alyssa.

"I will write to you, I hope to see you again soon." Rhaenyra said and gave her a hug. Daemon kissed her forehead before sending a warning glance at Aegon.

The younger prince just rolled his eyes as Rhaenyra pulled Daemon out of there. Alyssa held Baelon lovingly and watched as the little creature tried to get hold of her hair that was loose.

Aegon went to lie on his side of the bed and scooted closer to Alyssa to see his son's movements as well. The little boy had dark purple eyes and his silver baby hair was clearly visible on top of his head.

Alyssa leaned her head on Aegon's shoulder to feel close to him again after such a long time. "

~~

Aegon felt, for the first time in his life, that a void in his soul was filled. When he sat in bed with a woman he never thought he would love the way he did, with a child he never thought he would have.

Alyssa leaned her head on his shoulder and the prince put his arm around her to pull her closer. "Do you feel better today?" he asked, his face buried in her hair.

"Better, I'm not as tired and the midwife says I should rest for a few days before I start getting up again."

The elder prince nodded in understanding and placed a kiss on her head. He remembered what he said to her a while ago. That he wanted to escape with her and their children across the narrow sea where no one knows them, where no one would be able to guess who they were.

"My love?" He called softly. Her head was still resting on his shoulder as she hummed in response. Aegon reached for her hand and interlocked their fingers together before he started talking.

"You once asked me what I wanted, what my dream was. Do you remember what I told you?"

She nodded, "That we should leave this place, dye our hair and live somewhere where no one knows us." She whispered with their sleeping son in her arms.

He swallowed and squeezed her hand tightly. "I want you to know that I was serious. I know my mother and my grandsire, I know what they want. And I don't want to be a part of it, I want to live in peace with just you and our child far from here."

Aegon's heart raced in anticipation of her answer. She was still holding his hand and still lying against his shoulder, as silence settled into the chamber.

"That sounds peaceful, a good idea. But then I want a garden, where I can plant different crops. A house near a meadow with sunflowers where the children can run and where you can have a good view of the sunset over the sea."

Aegon slipped his hand under her chin and lifted her eyes to look at him. "Whatever you want, you shall have." he whispered lovingly, bringing his mouth down to hers.

"One day we will Leave then?"

"Yes, my love, one day we will leave"

AT:

Ik this chapter was short but it is the last one for this Act. So i hope you liked it.

Thanks for reading❤️❤️