45. A Perfect Family

"Bjotha!" Baelon whines, looking down at the little boy in the crib. Alyssa laughs at the boy's attempts to speak.

"Can you say 'brother' or 'Rhaegar'" He starts mumbling, trying to find the right way to say it. The prince bends down towards the cradle and gives his little brother a kiss on the forehead "Bjotha" he points to Rhaegar and looks at his mother for approval.

"Look how well you can speak, I'm so proud of you"

He claps his little hands together excitedly with a smile, showing his tiny teeth that had begun to grow at the front.

"And who am I?"

"Mama!"

Alyssa smirked, feeling satisfied with that answer and nodded in pride to her son. He then rests his head on Alyssa's chest and raises his small arm to hug her.

It's been two months since Alyssa gave birth to her second child, and everything both before and after the birth has been absolutely amazing. Baelon's first word was mama, which Alyssa never let Aegon hear the end of and he was more devoted and loving than ever and everything was just perfect.

She put her arms around her son and kissed him on the top of his head, whispering how much she loves him and his brother. She ran her fingers through his curly hair that had grown enormously over the past few years, and it seems that Aegon was right when he predicted that he would have curls like his mother.

"Mama, Bjotha, Dada!" He proudly claimed, Alyssa couldn't help but giggle at the cute boy on her lap. He had managed to say a few words, some of which Septa Marlow taught him from time to time because she often spent time with the boys when Aegon and Alyssa were needed at court by order of the queen.

She could do nothing but encourage it. "That's good, That's fine and when he grows up you're going to teach him all these words, won't you?"

Baelon looked smug and pleased, and then leaned again against his mother's chest to play with her necklace. He ran Aina's fingers over the blue diamond in the middle and fiddled with all the little details around the stone. He looked up questioningly at his mother, continuing to fiddle with it.

Alyssa lowered her gaze to her chest where the blue gemstone hung. The corners of her mouth went up in a smile as she thought about it, "Your father gave it to me for our second wedding anniversary."

"pretty" he mumbled, continuing to play with it. "It really is, I hope one day you give something similar to your future wife." She joked and tickled his belly slightly, making him squirm in laughter.

He grabbed his mother's hand to get her to stop so he could try to collect himself: "No! No! Not marry!"

"What? Why not?" she gasped jokingly. "not marry"

She shook her head in amusement, his father's son, she thought. She was reminded of all the gifts she used to give Aegon when they were children, the roses and the handkerchief, etc.

The door of the chamber opened, Baelon raised his eyes to see who it was, and when he looked, he jumped out of his mother's arms and ran to hug his father. "Dada!" he exclaimed, as climbed down from. His mothers lap and walked as quickly as he could to his father.

Aegon lifted him up so he was sitting on his hip. "I've missed you too, little troublemaker" he said, moving toward Alyssa who was sitting on a chair next to the crib.

He bent down to catch her lips with his, Baelon covered his eyes with his hands and turned his head in another direction. "No! Not that" He complained, trying to separate the two.