51. Horrible Dreams

The well-known sound of children's laughter echoes in the hallway where Alyssa and Helaena are walking. She looks around and takes in every little detail she can capture, her legs move forward, and she can't stop. She sees everything, but cannot stop or move of her own volition.

A warm hand holds hers and even though she feels joy and warmth in her body, there is a feeling that something is very wrong. Alyssa lowers her gaze down at the boy holding her hand and her brow furrowed at the sight. It looked like her son Baelon, though he was older, possibly six or seven years of age.

She shifted her gaze to the other boy walking next to her and she already knew it was Rhaegar, same with Helaena's children, they were older.

They stopped outside a large door that strangely enough was not guarded by anyone, her gut told her to stop and she tried but her legs moved forward into the dark chamber that only had a few candles lit.

Two men suddenly appear from the wall, she dose not know how but through some door in this familiar room they enter. One much taller than the other and one much more skinny than the other. Her heart was pounding hard in her chest and she tried to run to the door with her children, but she couldn't. Their faces were not visible.

"Which one of them, Your Grace?" one of them asks, the voice a dark, haunting voice. Her whole body is shaking, heat spreads throughout her body but in anything but a good way. Who was he talking to, she wondered. She couldn't understand who it was he was calling Your Grace, but she had no chance to know until the dark voice repeated the same question once more, sending shivers down her spine.

The dark voice repeated the same question again, but this time more demanding, more heated..... More impatient.

But she didn't understand what he was talking about, she couldn't see his face or the child he was holding onto, and when she turned to Helaena she was lying on the floor with blood running down her open throat.

She opened her mouth to scream, but no sound came out, she tried to move her legs to run and call for help but they were chained to the floor.

Blood suddenly spurted onto the walls and a painful sensation spread through her stomach, as she looked down at her stomach she saw a dagger buried deep in her body.

The princess sprang out of bed, Completely cold sweaty with a pounding terrified heart that she could almost hear.

Sweat was running down her forehead as she sat up on the bed, unable to breathe calmly and deeply. Her thoughts were fixed on the horrible sentence she heard in the dream.

Which one of them, Your Grace?

Outside, the rain was pouring down on the ground. The raindrops slid down the length of the glass like tears running down Alyssa's cheeks as she placed her arms on the table and leaned forward to try to calm down.

Even though she knew it was just a dream, her body and soul felt terrible. The fear of being unable to do anything, of having seen so much blood. Her chest slid up and down with every breath that only seemed to get harder to breathe the more she tried.

Alyssa suddenly felt two hands on her shoulders, which made her jump in fear even though she only a few seconds later realized who it was. As she turned around, she saw Aegon's worried eyes look down at her.

"What happened?"

Her rapid breathing didin't seaze even when he was there and instead of responding so she started to sob uncontrollably. It was all so terribly real, the blood, the voice. It was as if everything had really happened in front of her eyes and there was nothing she could have done to stop it.