60. My Sweet Aleys

* For those who are sensitive to childbirth and events from episode one of House of the Dragon, don't read. *

Aegon was standing outside his and Alyssa's shared chamber, after what had happened outside the castle on the way in, he had called for guards, maids, anyone who could help. By the time she was brought into the room, the grand maester had announced that the baby was coming. It was far too early, the term was not completely and lacked a moons time and everyone knew of the risks, but none dared to speak of it, especially in front of Aegon.

"Brother, what happened?!" Aegon flinched at the sudden appearance of his brother and sister. He could not speak, uttering whatever word that could come out and it sojnded as if he had gone mad.

"I-I don't know, she seemed just fine before. T-the babe had kicked her a few times bu-but there had been no more than that and when we returned-"

Helaena went up to him in a calm manner, she felt so very sorry for her brother who could barely speak plainly due to his frightned state "Brother, calm down-"

"How can I calm down?!" he snapped "It had been almost three hours a-and I have gotten no news!"

"I know, I know. But you have to hide it, at least in front of her. If you go inside that room facing her like this it will only cause more trouble"

"Helaena is right, Aegon. You need to try and calm yourself."

The prince had no idea what was going on in there. All he could hear was his wife's cries and screams and it was enough to twist all his fucking organs untill it hurt. his mind was racing with all kinds of thoughts.

He stood there nervously waiting for whatever news the maester would share with him and while waiting he placed back and forth in the corridor, the flesh of his fingers never leaving his mouth. He had not even realised the arrival of his mother And Sir criston cole.

"How is it going?" Alicent asked her oldest son, but Aegon did not visualize that the Queen was a dressing him. Instead, Helaena took their mother to the side, explaining the situation and the little information they had been told.

Aegon couldn't stop pacing, his mind racing with all the different possibilities and outcomes this scenario could have. He tried his best to suppress his anxiety, but he couldn't help feeling like he was failing as a husband.

He couldn't shake the feeling that things weren't going to end well and at the same time he wanted to punish himself for even thinking about it.

"Where is Baelon and Rhaegar?" Alicent made an attempt to catch her son's attention once again but was completely unsuccessful.

Aegon on the other hand had heard the question, but the truth was that he did not know himself. After Alyssa had been taken by the maester and midwives he had asked Tanya to take them, but he knew nothing about their whereabouts. "I don't know, I don't know"

The Queen whispered something to Helaena and Daeron before walking away with Sir Criston Cole close behind her. She walked away as quickly as she had arrived. Aegon didn't know where she was going, and he didn't care.

As the crying and screaming grew higher and more unbareble, Aegon began to panic. He couldn't help thinking the worst and could only imagine what was happening in that room but he wanted to know, he had to know.

So without thinking he rushed inside. He opened the door and saw that his worst fears had come true. Alyssa was still struggling in agony, and the matress was covered with blood. As he approached he could see the maester standing next to her with a worried expression.