|36|changes

I know you people must be wondering why this chapter is showing votes and comments already, so I wanted to clear it before hand. I informed in the last update that I was planning to edit the previous parts of the story, and I did a week back, so this draft as left, and it had votes so I wrote the new chapter in this draft itself, but those who haven't voted, do vote and comment.

Only the draft is old, the chapter is totally new.

VAIBHAV

Later, as I lay on the bed, I found myself ruminating asking her what else transpired last night. My feelings for her hold more than love; there's a deep attraction as well. God forbid I made her uncomfortable. Whenever I closed my eyes, her eyes and lips filled my thoughts.

I remained on the bed while she went to the kitchen to fetch warm water from me. She reentered the bedroom, glanced at me, and walked around the bed and placed the bottle on my side. I recalled that night when I reached for the bottle and she turned at that exact moment, bringing us unexpectedly close.

After placing the bottle, she ambled towards the vanity and retrieved her handbag. She unzipped it and took out a small red jewelry box-her wedding chain, most likely.

She took out the chain, adorned with a few golden and black beads and a small locket in the front. She hung it around her neck and adjusted it to clasp it from the front.

NIDHI

I could see his gaze fixed on me through the reflection in the mirror. What is he thinking? I wondered. Is he also pondering last night, when we were standing right where I am now?

When he inhaled the scent of my hair and my neck. I had never felt such sensations in a man's proximity-the ticklish shivers, the intense feeling in my heart, then my spine, and finally in my femininity.

How does one know they are ready to take a relationship to that level? To lay oneself bare before a man, in complete vulnerability. The thought terrified me.

Though I have begun to trust him, the idea of being so vulnerable before him isn't something I am prepared for at the moment. But if he were to ask, or if he were to come close, I wouldn't deny him. I wouldn't push him away.

Abruptly, while I was clasping the wedding chain around my neck, he rose from the bed. Our eyes met in the mirror, and I swallowed hard as the memories of last night flooded my mind like a violent river.

I closed my eyes, then opened them again. He was standing behind me now, at a decent distance, not like last night. Last night, I could feel his very breath, rugged and warm, mingled with the scent of his cologne and the faint smell of alcohol.

His fingers reached for the hook of the chain, and my hands fell to my sides. He stood close, his eyes focused on the chain, while mine were fixed on him. Why does the air between us become charged every time, like now? He joined the ends of the chain, and I looked at him once more.

"How did this break?" he asked, his eyes glued to my face. My mind raced back-does he not remember? I looked at him, noting the expression of horror that marred his visage.

"I had that whiskey on an empty stomach. I remember a few sentences here and there, but I don't recall the context at all," he murmured, his voice nasal, his expression confused, but a hint of guilt flickered in his eyes.