|2| person

NIDHI

As, I entered the bedroom the first thing, I did was, I made my bed, while my bed was half way done, my eyes were drawn to my phone, I picked it up, and connected it to the data cable.

After being done with the bed, I entered the washroom, I didn't have any changing room or walk in wardrobe, I changed in my room only, as I entered the bedroom, I retrievied my clothes from the cupboard, and as I was ready for the day, I plopped myself on to the bed, I grazed at my finger, and the vintage ring in my finger.

Abruptly, my phone vibrated, and I immediately retrived it from the table, assuming that it can be from college, but no, it was a spam message.

But, before I could keep my phone back, my eyes fell on that, WhatsApp Message. It was an Unknown number, the first person who came to my mind was, Vaibhav, but as I clicked on the inbox it was from his brother.

"Hi Bhabhi, Aadarsh here," the message wrote.

"I thought I'd do you a favor by sending you an awesome photograph."

Below this message, there was an image, initially blurred due to not being downloaded. As, I downloaded it, the only thought that came to my mind was, he is good looking.

Upon seeing the photo, electrifying jolts surged through my body.

My heart raced as I observed him, and a wave of nervousness swept over me, creating a knot in my stomach. The simple act of seeing him triggered an unsettling mix of anticipation and anxiety, leaving me momentarily breathless.

Warmth flushed my cheeks, and I felt a sense of shame due to my body's unexpected response. It hadn't even been a month since my painful breakup, and now I found myself drawn to another man.

The man in the photo was Vaibhav, my fiancé, my would-be husband. Dressed in a tuxedo, he stood in the center, Aadarsh to his left, and another man to his right, possibly taken after a business deal.

Vaibhav looked incredibly professional. The photo didn't allow me to gauge his height accurately, but he appeared taller than Aadarsh. His features were striking, fair complexion, and deep brown eyes that could easily captivate anyone who gazed into them.

His tall build and handsome appearance, not handsome conventionally, but such that, it would make him stand out of the crowd. His shoulders were accentuated by the well-fitted tuxedo, giving prominence to his physique. His physique appeared well-maintained, not overly exercised but still in good shape.

In the photograph, he wore a serious expression, not a hint of a smile. He looked good no doubt about it, but along with that, there was also arrogance on his face, a little stoic expression too. Lost in his thoughts, I sauntered towards the drawing area, where my father must be reading newspaper.

***

A mere week whisked away like a fleeting moment. In the interim, my mother engaged in frequent conversations with Sulekha Aunty, discussing the intricacies of wedding preparations. All while, they would meet, either for shopping or for different things.

Despite the physical distance, they maintained a constant dialogue, exchanging updates on health and well-being. Sulekha Aunty remained in Lucknow during this period.

I wondered if the man, who I was getting married to, will grace the city exactly the day he was getting married.

Is he really not at all interested in getting to know who he is getting married to, or just meet the girl to tell her his expectations or just atleast see her how she looked.