|1| forced

"When Nidhi and Vaibhav, were kids, Rakesh, my late husband, he wanted that, Nidhi becomes his daughter in law, today, my son is of marriage able age, and I asked him too, about your daughter, and he has no problem, so I wanted to ask your," she spoke, and smiling glanced at me, I slowly, and subtly, downcast my eyes. I didn't expect, this was the important discussion she was talking about, I wasn't ready to get married. It was too soon.

Taking a long, shaky and struggled breath, I made my way to my room. My gaze clashed with my mother, but I cared less, about it at that moment.

Leaving a troubled breath, I sauntered towards my room. As I entered the bedroom, I immediately sprawled over the bed. Tears slipped out my eyes, due to lack of oxygen.

Taking support of my elbow, I sauntered towards the drawer of my study table. I immediately retrieved the  anxiety pills, but before, I could, gulp one, my mother, walked to my side, and snatched the pills from my hand, causing the pills to spill over the floor.

"Mummy, Please," I requested, trying to hold myself straight by holding the chair, when the chair stumbled, I placed my hand over the table, I stood straight.

"Nidhi, if you don't say yes, right now, you wouldn't see the end," she spat at me.

"Mummy, first medicine, please, I'll do as you say, but please," I pleaded.

I fell on my knees, my eyes got blurred due to tears, flowing out of my eyes. But my attention was caught by the spilled pills on the floor, I quickly tried to pick up one, but she immediately placed her feet over my hand.

"First say yes," she spoke,  crouching down at my level on the floor. Before, I could make any sense, my strength waned from every part of my body, even my capacity to hold my bladder waned, and I released my bladder.

She scrunched her face in disgust,"Yuck," she mumured, and rose at her feet.

"Come out fast, and clean the mess you have created, otherwise you know," she spoke, and taking her feet off my plam she left

I immediately picked up a few pills, as I tried to gulp them without water, I choked, I tried harder, but I couldn't, streching my hand, I immediately took the glass from the table, and swallowed the pills down.

NIDHI

As I entered the drawing room, my eyes fell on Sulekha Aunty, who was engrossed in conversation with my mother. She appeared sweet and pleasant.

My gaze was drawn to Papa, and as our eyes met, he gestured for me to join him. I walked around the plush sofas and sat beside him on the couch.

"Beta, are you okay? You left so suddenly. You don't have to worry. I will decline the proposal if you're not comfortable. No one can force you into anything," he said in a low voice, conscious of the fact that my soon-to-be mother-in-law and my mother were sitting right in front of us.

I nervously swallowed and broke eye contact with Papa. When I looked away, I noticed my mother observing me, adding to my anxiety as I hesitantly tried to find the right words.

"Papa, I'm fine. I know no one can force me. Actually, I wasn't expecting this; that's why I left. I was taken aback. Last week, when she called, she mentioned wanting to discuss something important. I had no idea it would be this. But Papa, I genuinely like aunty; she's very sweet. I believe her son must be nice too," I replied, trying to appear as natural as I could. Just a month ago, I was in a mess over a breakup. How can I just rush into marrying another man?