XXIII

| Y/N's POV |

Two weeks.

Two weeks Hailee has been attached to so many stupid machines because she has been stuck in a coma. I haven't visited her that much, not bearing the ability to see her in that shape. I've cried so much, I don't have any more tears left to shed. Flo has been my rock since the accident, she too, has been suffering and I know I'm bringing her some comfort. We haven't left each others side, being with Flo has made me realize how much of a good friend she really is to Hailee.

And to me now, I would consider her my friend as well. We've been through so much together now and I feel like we've really bonded. I've also been spending a lot of time in Hailee's bedroom, doing nothing but cuddling with the dogs. Flo has been taking over the business for Hailee, managing everything since that's what the girl would've wanted.

Gerald kept coming in, checking on me every now and then while leaving me something to eat. I didn't eat much, I always had a water and just a piece of bread. I couldn't eat, I could live, I didn't want to live without Hailee.

—————

I pulled myself together and finally went downstairs to the basement to see Hailee. The tears were already forming in my eyes but I blinked them away, shaking my head and walking inside the room. There she was, an oxygen mask over her face to help her breath, multiple machines attached to her body, her hair neatly arranged on the pillow.

Even in a mess like this, she still looked perfect.

I sat in the chair, grabbing her cold hand again and wrapping mine around hers. I held her hand up to my face, placing it in my cheek as one tear drop fell from eye. I kissed the back of her hand, closing my eyes to soak everything in, letting reality settle.

Suddenly, I felt her hand move, moving to place itself more firmly on my cheek, her thumb brushing under my eye to feel the bags under them and to wipe the tears away. "Haiz?" I whispered, afraid to open my eyes, praying this wasn't a dream or some nightmare.

"O-Open you're eyes, b-baby." She croaked out, her voice was hoarse and raspy, I slowly opened my eyes, seeing her eyes half open but I could still see her hazel colored eyes, and I was reminded, of how beautiful they are. "Y/N-" Hailee was cut off by me shoving me face in her neck, being careful and gentle with her since she was fragile, I let my fresh, new, salty tears fall from my eyes, soaking Hailee's neck with them. Her hand just found the back of my neck, shakily rubbing it as she brought me comfort.

"I missed you so much." I cried out between sobs, lifting my face up to wipe my eyes and nose with the sleeve of my hoodie. Hailee grunted quietly as she reached both hands up, holding my face in her hands, I melted at her touch. She wiped my tears away, not caring how much was falling as she pulled me towards her, kissing my forehead lightly.

"I-I missed y-you too." She let out a small breath, signaling me to take her oxygen mask off. I obeyed, carefully reaching for it and setting it down on top of the machine. Hailee slowly inhaled for 3 seconds, exhaling for 4 as she grasped into my hand.

"Don't you ever do some stupid shit like that again." I emotionally scold her, causing her to laugh weakly before wincing. "Careful, babe." I coo, holding her chest down to prevent her from sitting up.

"W-why am I hooked u-up to all t-this stuff?" She questioned, trying to take it all off but I was quick enough to stop her, just in time for the doctor to walk in. "L-Lewis, what's a-all this?"

Dr. Lewis smiled, putting a hand on Hailee's shoulder. "Welcome back, Ms. Steinfeld. That was quite the fall you took." Hailee still looked confused as the doctor continued to explain. "You've been in a coma for two weeks, ma'am. Luckily, you survived."

Hailee seemed shocked by her words, I took her hand, making her look at me. "Baby." I direct her and she looks at me, her lips parted in shock as her hands were starting to warm up, color filling her cheeks again, very slowly though. "It's okay. You're okay." I assure, kissing her cheek.