XXV

| Hailee's POV |

4:09am

It was an early morning, earlier than normal for me but Y/N remained dead asleep. I carefully slipped out of bed, placing a kiss on her forehead, causing her to smile in her sleep. I soon left her side, changing into sweats and a jumper as I made my way downstairs, walking down a few halls before entering my state-of-the-art gym.

I was determined to build my muscles back up, trying to return my strength back to me. I stopped walking in front of the tall mirror, looking at myself in it. I hated how I looked. I've never looked so... disgusting.

5:35am

I fall flat on my back as I try to do a curl up, but it seemed almost impossible. I've tried push ups but those failed as well, I even tried to squat but my legs couldn't handle it, causing me to lose my balance.

The last thing I could think of was weight lifting, which to be honest, was probably a bad idea. If Y/N was awake, she'd give me a scolding for my foolish idea.

But I shrugged my shoulders anyway, walking off to the weight lifting area as I laid on the bench, grasping the metal bar above me. I was about to attempt my heaviest weight yet, 150 pounds.

I lifted it up and just as I did that, it almost immediately, fell back down on me. It was about to crush my neck if it wasn't for a pair of hands that helped me lift it. I looked up seeing my brother standing there, placing the metal bar back on the rack.

"Hailee, what were you thinking?" He shook his head, facepalming at my behavior.

"I'm j-just trying to feel like m-me again." I argue, raising my voice slightly as his posture relaxed, but before he could speak, we were both interrupted by soft patters of feet, scrambling down the hall.

"Hailee Caribe Steinfeld." Y/N cursed as I heard her voice from the distance in the hall. I looked at Griffin with wide eyes, wondering how she knew my full name. "I swear to god, if you are trying to lift weights, I'm going to-" She paused as she made it to the doorframe, seeing me and Griffin in the gym. "What the fuck?"

"I'll leave you to scold her." My brother threw me a warning look before nodding to Y/N, who's eyes never left me as Griffin left the room.

"What're you doing?" She snapped, her voice was harsh but it had no effect on me.

"What d-does it look l-like? I'm trying to get back into my routine." I clap back, gesturing wildly with my hands as Y/N looked at me. "I'm tired of being weak, t-that's all I f-feel now. This s-stupid stuttering p-problem makes me feel t-this way and I'm sick of i-it." I express as I pace rapidly around the room, throwing my hands on top of my head as I panic, my heart going a million miles per hour as I suddenly felt the soft touch of warm hands on my shoulders.

"Hailee." Y/N turned me around, looking up at me with caring eyes, her hand reaching for my cheek but I flinched back. "It's okay, I promise." She reassured as I relaxed. "You need rest, baby. In order to look or feel the best, you must do the best. Sleeping is super important for your body, you just got out of a 2 week coma, all this stress on your body is not good."

I closed my eyes as Y/N pulled my head down to her neck, allowing me to stuff my face in there, my nose nuzzling against her neck. "Now come on, let's get some sleep, okay?" I nodded in response to her question, following her like a lost dog as she tugged at my hand, leading me back the way I came from originally, upstairs to my bedroom.

Y/N shut the door behind me, I stood there, waiting for her to be the first to lay down so I can be on top of her. The younger girl got the hint, laying down as she removed her robe, setting it on a chair nearby. She patted her chest, allowing me to crawl on top of her like a baby, nuzzling into her chest comfortably. Her hand rubbed shapes on my back as she pulled the covers over us since it was a freezing morning.

"At least, try and sleep for a few more hours." Y/N whispered to me in my ear, kissing the side of my face as I smiled slightly, closing my eyes lazily.

"Okay." I yawned, my hands grasping onto her tank top for dear life, afraid to lose her if I let go as she just reassured me. She wrapped her arms tightly and securely around me, making sure I wasn't going anywhere.