XXVIII

| Y/N's POV |

"I want to take y-you out for another date." I heard Hailee whisper from beneath me. I lifted myself up, straddling her waist as she held my hips, staring at my hands. "If that's o-okay with you." She double checked, glancing up only to make eye contact with me.

I smiled, grabbing her hand and kissing the back of it, intertwining our fingers afterward. "Yes. Please, take me out again, Hailee." I whispered back, wondering if I spoke too loudly, she'd get anxious again.

She nodded, a small smile rolling over her lips as she let out a shaky sigh of relief. "C-Can we s-stay inside t-this time?" Her stuttering wasn't a problem, although, she always thought it was. I thought it was cute sometimes, she thought it made her sound weak. Which to quote, would "ruin her reputation".

I ignored my thoughts, pushing them aside for now as I look down at Hailee. "Yes, baby. We can." I promise and rest a hand on her cheek, she leaned into it, I'm not surprised, she's been very clingy lately. Again, I don't see a problem in that, she's still healing, Flo has ordered her to stay in bed and relax until she's able to handle the business again, but until then, she's not even allowed to touch a gun.

Or workout. Alone. Ever again. Griffin voiced his concerns to me after I tucked Hailee back into bed, he thinks that she might attempt to push herself too hard again. And I agree, I can tell she wanted to her back to her normal routine, she wanted to feel like her normal self again, but she needed to heal. Her life was more important that her job.

And I was making sure that Hailee got all the rest she needed.

—————

"I don't see how b-being blindfolded is s-supposed to surprise m-me." Hailee mumbled, a little frustrated that I forced her to put a blindfold on over her eyes, blocking her vision so I could surprise her for our second date. "I can t-tell we're outside." She stated, crossing her arms stubbornly.

I chuckled, rolling my eyes with a smile, continuing to push her. "Just keep walking. You know we're outside but do you know where?" She remained silent. "Exactly. So shut up, and let me take you to our destination."

"Yes ma'am." Hailee whispered under her breath, making me smirk as I continued to lead her.

"Anddddd we're here." I smiled, pulling her blindfold off as Hailee blinked a couple times, adjusting to the light. She looked around, her eyes lighting up when she saw what I had set up in her backyard. The area was small and very close to the house.

"Are you... did you-" She stammered over her words cutely, disbelief in her tone as she looked between me and the grass. "Y-You set up an a-archery r-range for me?"

"Yep." I nodded proudly, popping the 'p'. "Flo mentioned how you love archery and your doctor said it was okay, as long as you have supervision, you're allowed to shoot a couple of arrows." She got excited like a kid on Christmas, looking at me with bright eyes. "But. You can't push yourself too hard, if any pain starts, you tell me and we'll go inside and rest."

She groaned slightly but nodded anyway. "Can we s-start now?" Hailee asked eagerly, almost smiling.

"Yes. Go on baby." I encourage and usher her off as she was quick to grab a bow.

—————

"I didn't think that a s-second date c-could be fun." Hailee broke the silence between as I laid by back against her front, her back pressed against the tree we were on. Her hand was under my shirt, rubbing my stomach which made me smile while I held her other hand. "Thank you. F-For today." Hailee leaned down, kissing my neck gently, biting ever so slightly to get the smallest of moans out of me.

"Mm." I hummed, holding the back of her head as I gently push her away. "No sex." I point at her and she groans, making me chuckle. "Baby, you just got out of a coma two weeks ago, you still need rest and you want to fuck me senseless?"

"I mean... yeah, b-basically." She shrugged, looking at me with innocent eyes.

"No." I say, a little more sternly and she raises her hands up in the air in defeat.

"Fine, fine." Hailee gently pushed me off of her, standing up as I look up at her. "But once I'm c-completely healed... I expect the best sex of m-my life."

"Oh." I stand up, running my hand along her chest, just to tease her, smirking internally when she tensed up and shivered at my touch. "You'll get it, alright?"

As I was walking away, I heard her mutter under her breath, "Have mercy."