XXXVIII

| Y/N's POV |
A/N: thank you for 18k views
(not proofread)

Me and Hailee arrived back home not too long after, her bodyguard opening the car door for us as Hailee took my hand, guiding me back inside the mansion.

"Where are we going?" I laughed, asking I'm confused tone as Hailee eagerly dragged me upstairs. She glanced down at me with a smile.

"Just c'mon." She urged and I rolled my eyes, following anyway with a smile. Hailee finally stopped in our bedroom, shutting the door behind her as I sat on the bed.

"What're you on about?" I ask, tilting my head at the brunette who looked like she was calling herself down. "Haiz."

"I wanted to talk about something." She said quietly. I squinted my eyes at her. "Nothing bad... I hope." She whispered the last part under her breath. Hailee walked over to me, taking a seat beside me as I looked at her curiously. "I want to have a baby."

My eyes widened as she said that, but she continued to speak. "I know it's a lot, especially since we've only been official for 3 weeks, but Y/N, you've been here with me for months now." Hailee added, letting out another shaky breath. Meanwhile, I'm trying to wrap my head around the fact that the Hailee, my girlfriend, wants to have a baby. "What do you think?"

"I think..." I began to whisper, looking at Hailee with a slight unsure look. "I think I need to think about this." I rushed out as I stood from the bed, leaving the bedroom, and Hailee to her thoughts.

—————

It's been a few days since me and Hailee talked about having a baby, well, I still haven't given her a clear answer yet. I could tell she was getting impatient, but at the same time, she was a little hurt by my answer. It's why she had gotten a little distant lately.

I walked into our shared bedroom, seeing her laying on the bed, one of her arms tucked behind her head to rest her head on her hand, her other hand was scrolling on her phone. Hailee's legs were propped up on top of one another.

I slowly shut the door behind me, catching the brunette's attention. Hailee quickly glanced at me but she looked away quicker than before. I sighed under to breath, my eyes softening as I walked towards her.

"Baby." I called out, moving to straddle her waist, forcing her to put her phone down and look at me. Hailee tried looked away but I cupped her jaw, forcing her to keep eye contact with me. "We need to talk."

Hailee nodded, remaining quiet as she let me speak. "I will admit, I was a little shocked that you want a baby. But, that's doesn't mean I don't want one either. Of course, I want a child with you, I'm just scared." I muttered the last sentence quietly, more to myself but Hailee heard it.

"Why are you scared?" She asked softly, her hands settling on my hips as her thumbs caressed my covered thighs, lightly.

"Your business isn't exactly the safest." I rush out, seeing Hailee's eyebrows raise but her face never expressed any hurt or offense. "I was just scared of bringing our child into a world that's not safe for them. And I didn't want them to be pressured into taking over."

My confessions surely had Hailee quiet again. I thought I pissed her off until she said, "Okay. We can work that out." She whispered, shocking me. "I'm trying to be a better person for you, Y/N/N. I still want a kid with you, I really do, but I understand where you're coming from. It's not exactly the safest business, no, but I can promise you that I will do everything in my entire power to protect you and our possible-future baby." Her hands landed on my stomach, I feel a small smile growing on my face. "I just hope that you consider it a little more. No rush, I know it's a big decision."

"Thank you." I whispered, leaning down to kiss her lips. Hailee melted into the kiss, holding my waist firmly. "I love you."

"I love you, more." She repeated, looking up at me with stars in her eyes. I felt myself getting lost in her gorgeous, hazel eyes.