XXXVII

| Y/N's POV |

"I have a meeting today." Hailee said, wearing just boxers as she searched for a suit in her closet. I looked at her, smiling as I watched her struggle to get her pants on in a hurry.

"Calm down." I mumble, standing from the bed. Walking towards her, I grabbed a black belt from her closet, helping to get her dressed. Hailee watched me the whole time as I grabbed a white long sleeve button up, sliding it over her shoulders, buttoning it for her. "Tie or no tie?" I asked, holding up the black tie in my hand.

"Uh, no tie." Hailee answered. I smiled, tossing the tie aside as I grabbed a leather jacket from the closet, throwing it over her shoulders as well, patting her shoulders.

"There. All dressed." I smiled proudly, Hailee looking down at her outfit.

"Thank you." She whispered, watching me go back to the bed. "Would you like to join me for the meeting?" I turned to her in surprise. "You're my girlfriend now, a big part of my life and so is this business. I want you to see how things are done." She grabbed my hands, kissing my forehead.

I smiled, nodding. "Of course, I'd love to come." I patted her chest, seeing her smile as well. I leaned up, kissing her cheek before walking towards my side of the closet. "I'll get dressed and meet you downstairs."

—————

"There's so many... dull people." I whispered to my girlfriend, her chuckling a my statement as I looked at all the different types of mafia bosses in the room.

"Just don't let go of my hand." Hailee husked in my ear, planting a kiss to the back of my neck, holding her hand out for me. I smiled, grabbing it as she laced our fingers together, dragging me over to her spot in the room.

"So, what do we do?" I asked Hailee, she smiled for a moment, moving to whisper in my ear.

"There's truly no mature way to put this, but, we argue over who is richer." Hailee said and I stifled a laugh, shoving her shoulder lightly, hearing her giggle.

—————

As Hailee and I were walking out, we heard a voice from behind us. "Yo, Steinfeld." It was a deep, masculine one. We turned around, I tilted my head in confusion at the unfamiliar man approaching us. Hailee was smiling though, sticking her hand out to shake his firmly. "Who's those pretty lady?" The man asked, leaning against the wall with a smirk.

I shuffled uncomfortably on my feet, moving closer to Hailee as she wrapped an arm around my shoulders. "This is my girlfriend, Y/N. Y/N, this is my friend, Garrett." She introduced, making me chuckle awkwardly as I stuck my hand out.

Garrett nodded his head, grasping my hand with a smile as he pulled me towards him into an unexpected hug. "I'm more of a hugger..." His sick voice mumbled in my ear, but as soon as I felt his hand land on my ass, I jumped back, leaving his arms.

"Hey, no touching." Hailee's face turned serious, pulling me into her chest. I looked up at her, seeing the anger in her eyes.

This will not end well.

"Chill out, Steinfeld. I'm simply getting a taste of your girlfriend." Garrett said sickly, his cocky smile sickened me. "Sharing is caring." He tried to grab me again but I could tell, Hailee was furious now.

She grabbed me back, shoving me behind her as she yanked Garrett's collar, pulling him towards her face. "If you ever land a hand on her again, I will rip your body, limb by limb, cutting all your fingers off to make sure you never touch her again. And I will watch you die with a smile on my face... you know why? Because it brings me joy to see those, who tried to touch my girlfriend, fall to their knees, begging me to spare their life. News flash; No. One. Survives." Hailee shoved him against the wall, causing alarm to snap into Garrett's bodyguards, they tried to grab Hailee but all she did was throw them off. When she's angry, nothing stops her.

"Y-Yo, h-hands o-off." Garrett stuttered out, his face turning red as Hailee forced him further into the wall, her arm holding his neck against it tightly.

"Keep your fucking hands off of her." She growled in his ear, raising her knee up to slam it hard into his crotch. Garrett groaned loudly, tears falling from his eyes as he collapsed to the ground, holding his dick. "Next time you try to lay your hands on her, I'll rip that tiny wiener right off."

"Hailee-" I tried to speak by then, the brunette grabbed my hand, pulling me with her until we left the building, entering the parking lot. "Steinfeld-"

"God, the nerve of that guy." I heard her growl under her breath, her hand tightening around my wrist, making me wince. The sound of my wince had her stopping in her tracks, dropping my wrists as her head snapped towards me. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay. I just need you to calm down." I rub my wrist, taking a step towards Hailee but she stepped back. "Baby."

"I hurt you." She muttered, putting her hands behind her back, avoiding my eyes. I shook my head, quickly walking forward before she could move. I cupped her face, pulling her down for a hug, I wrapped my arms tightly around her neck.

"You didn't hurt me. You saved me from that idiot." I whispered gently in her ear, kissing her cheek. Hailee slowly relaxed, hesitantly bringing her arms around to wrap them around my waist, holding me close to her for dear life. "I don't think he'll ever touch me again after what you did."

"He deserved it." Her response made me chuckle. I pulled away, keeping her face in my hands as I kissed both of her cheeks. "I love you."

I smiled, my heart fluttering. Even if we've said it a million times already, I will never get tired of it, it makes me extremely happy.

"I love you more."