XLIV

| Y/N's POV |

Ever since Hailee and I have found out we were having twins, it's been nonstop bragging to friends, family members, and staff but also there's been a lot of pestering. I feel like a toddler or an old person who can't do much for themselves anymore since Hailee is always doing it. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but sometimes it can be a bit too much.

Like, I can feed myself.

Currently I was laying in bed and Hailee walked in with her arms filled to the brim with... parent books? "Babe, what are those?" I shut my own steamy romance novel and set it on the bedside table.

"Baby books, parenting books, all the uh boring stuff we need to be great parents." Hailee smiled as she dropped the variety of books at the end of the bed. "We're having twins, baby, can you believe that?"

"I can." I chuckled and moved to pull her down on the bed beside me — hugging her bicep, I stuffed my face in her shoulder and let out a soft sigh. "We'll be great parents no matter what we read but if those books help you, then be my guest on reading them."

"Mh, okay. Well, I made you some food if you're hungry." Hailee pressed a sweet kiss to the crown of my head. I buried myself further into her, not wanting her to leave. "How did we go from me kidnapping you to being madly in love and having a kid together?"

"Huh." I mumbled in confusion and thought just as the same as her, my head lifting up. "That's a good question." We both share a look before chuckling softly.

"Well..." Hailee kneeled down in front of me, lightly lifting up my shirt to press a few kisses along the very slight baby bump I had. "I have no regrets." I raised a brow at her. "Except for the time I hurt your neck, I regret that." She quickly adds without looking at me. I cupped her face and kissed her forehead.

"I forgave you, remember?" I tried to soothingly say.

Hailee sighed softly, her nose brushing against my stomach. "But we didn't forget." She mumbled — shaking the thought as she stood up and looked at me, holding her hand out. "Dinner, love?"

I just nodded and took her hand in mine, allowing her to lead me downstairs to the kitchen. When I get there, Hailee plates my food while Martini and Brando paw at my legs for any scrapes of human food they can get.

"Sorry, babies." I scratched behind their ears, Hailee set two treats down for them, making them run to it. That opened her the opportunity to set my food down in front of me.

"Enjoy." She hummed and turned on her heel to grab me something to drink.

"No alcohol, remember?" reminded her — not needed to look up to know she grabbed a bottle of rosé. I heard a clank, meaning my girlfriend set the bottle back down and grabbed me soda instead. I giggled to myself, trying to hide my amused smile behind my hand that was covered in the long sleeves from Hailee's hoodie — that I stole. 

"My mistake, m'lady." She vowed with the most terrible British accent ever but I let it side and just laughed since she was pretty fucking adorable. "We should think of who the godmother of our twins should be."

"Yes but, question first?" I asked and Hailee hummed in response, signaling me to continue. "Do you want your parents involved?" Her face hardened.

"Hell no, I don't want those demons near our kids. Especially after the childhood they gave me and when they tried to explode my mansion." She slammed her first on the table out of anger making the puppies flinch back and hide behind my legs. I gave them some soothing pets before grabbing Hailee's fist, wrapping my hands around it.

"Calm down, hon. Just take a deep breath, okay?" She listened to my instructions. "I was just wondering and I fully respect your decision. Now, the godmother."

Now that she is much more calmer, Hailee adds, "Do you have any ideas on who it could be?"

I smiled, like it's the obvious thing in the world. "Flo, duh." I tilt my head with a slight mocking and amusing tone. "She's your best friend, she's a great friend to me, too, and she loves babies."

"That is all true." Hailee muttered, considering it. "You're right. Like always." She grinned as she pressed a kiss to my hand. "We'll tell Flo tomorrow, I'm sure she'll be super excited."