Carlos Sainz - Don't worry it was only a nightmare

You have been having nightmares which led to panic attacks when Carlos wasn't around. Being a f1 driver means traveling every week. It's not a job for everyone. The winter break is finally here though. And you can spend time with your boyfriend Carlos. You have missed your cute dates with him. You haven't mentioned your nightmares to him because you didn't want him to be worried.

It was one of the sunny days which actually make people be productive for once. You two decided to go out for a run close to your shared house. You found one of those outdoor gyms and decided that it was a good time to hit a work out. Carlos would try to show off his muscles to you and you would just laugh and take pictures of him. "I have the best boyfriend.." you said with a shy smile on your face.

"Of course you do,athletic, smart and handsome. You don't need anything else.." he replied while trying to catch a breath since he had just finished a set of pull-ups. "Take it easy soldier.." you said and mocked him but he ran to you and picked you up, placing you over his shoulder. "Oh come on now Carlos.." you said and you hit his back playfully. "Not until you take it back.." he said and started laughing. "Which will seem like forever.." he added

"That's not true.." you said and you came up with an idea. You started tickling him and he let you down almost immediately. "That's an illegal move. You traitor.." he said with his deep Spanish accent that you fell in love with. "We should place a bet next time.." you said and hugged his shoulder "I am going to win next time and I'll be carrying you around until we reach our house.." he said. "Thanks for the lift Carlito.." you said with a smile but he just mocked your facial expression.

"Hey that's mean.." you said and fake punched him. "That's definitely not what you were thinking about when you called me Carlito.." he said with a smile. You two began walking home after a while. After taking a shower and wearing fresh clothes you two co-cooked. Meal prepping with him was ideal. You two were able to make a plan including your goals.

After eating you decided to watch a movie together. Carlos chose it. You had no clue about the movie genre. You cuddled up to each other. At this point you didn't care about the plot until you understood that it was a thriller. You don't like thrillers at all. Carlos on the other hand was very excited about it. You didn't complain though. You didn't want to ruin the moment. You could finally spend some time with Carlos after so many months of being apart.

You watched the thriller with him without complaining at all. You were upset after it. You two went to your bed and lay down. He was busy responding to his emails but you were taking pictures of him. Carlos with his cute nerdy glasses. Lockscreen material. You took his phone away from his hands and placed it behind you. "Y/n my phone. Give it back.." he said and looked at you with a serious stare.

"Come get it Carlito.." you replied with a playful tone. At first he rolled his eyes but he tried to wrestle you. You couldn't move at all but again you knew his weak spot. You started tickling him and he just fell on you. You smiled and hugged him. "Too bad you won't get your phone now.." you said but he didn't seem to mind at all "I don't care I have the real prize here.." he said with a smile.

You stayed like this for a while. He almost fell asleep on you because you were playing with his hair. He decided to ruin the precious moments after a while and he grabbed his phone. Back to replying to emails. You lay by his side again and grabbed your phone as well. You had tons of texts to reply to. You didn't have the energy for these though.

You checked the time. It was late. And the workout was extremely tiring. You needed some rest. You gave Carlos a goodnight kiss and lay beside him. He slept as well after some time. At first your sleep was peaceful. But in the end, you ended up having one of these creepy nightmares. Carlos had woken up because he felt that you were shaking in your sleep.

He didn't lose his cool. He quickly got up from the bed and ran to the kitchen to grab a glass. After filling it with water he returned to the bedroom. He shook you slightly "Y/n, wake up.." he said and his voice tone softened. At first you couldn't but you managed to open your eyes. You were sweating and you felt that tears were forming in your eyes.

"C-Carlos.." you managed to say but he cut you off "Don't worry it was only a nightmare.." he said with a comforting tone and offered you the glass. You drank some water and tried to calm yourself down. He was staring at you with widen eyes. "How do you feel my love..?" he asked after some minutes of silence.

"Yes I had a nightmare. And the truth is, I have been having nightmares for a while now. Especially during the weekends that you were gone. I don't know maybe it's because of anxiety or fear since you were far away.." you started saying. He pulled you into a tight hug "I am here now y/n and I promise that nothing is going to hurt you babe.." he replied. You two lay down again but this time you rested your head on his chest. Carlos was so lost in his thoughts but he still made sure that you would sleep properly.

Helloooo, new one shot yes. I like such one shots I can't lie. Thank you so much for the 13k reads. I appreciate it. Leave a vote and a comment if you liked the chapter. And don't forget to request the plot of your choice. Check out my stories "Somebody else" and "Sober" if you'd like.