92. The Party, Pt. 3

---

Author's Note: This chapter contains content that may be disturbing or troubling for some readers. Please proceed with caution.

---

"It's so nice to see you again, Uncle Ozzie!"

Asmodeus smiled sweetly at Charlie, bending down for one of his faces to give her a quick peck on her rosy cheek. "And it's always a pleasure to see my favorite niece! How've you been, sweetie pie?"

"I've been great," she replied, mirroring his smile. "The hotel's really gained some traction lately. And Dad said that if the meeting next week goes well, he'll consider funding the program!"

"That's amazing, honey bun! I'm so proud of you!" He turned his head when he noticed Fizzarolli approaching them. "Oh, hey, babe! I don't think I've introduced you to my niece before. This is Luci and Lilith's daughter Charlie."

Charlie beamed at the imp and held out a hand. "You're Fizzarolli, right? I've heard a lot of good things about you!"

Fizz's eyes darted to Asmodeus before he looked back at Charlie and shook her hand. "Heh, thanks. Heard a lot about you, too."

She looked back up at Asmodeus with a knowing smile. "I'm glad you're open now about your relationship. I always had a hunch you two were more than just business partners."

The heat in Fizzarolli's cheeks rose at her words, and he looked away bashfully.

"Come on." Charlie gently took the imp's robotic hand. "I'll introduce you to my mother."

"It's been a while since I've seen Lili," chimed Asmodeus as the three of them slowly made their way across the crowded banquet hall.

Charlie smirked up at him. "Well, maybe you would see us more often if you left the Lust ring every now and then."

"Or maybe you'd see me more if you came down to Lust to visit every once in a while," he quipped, earning a humored giggle from Charlie.

As they passed the open double doors to the front lobby, Fizzarolli caught a glimpse of someone outside the door. The demon stumbled clumsily toward the hotel's main entrance, holding a cell phone to her ear, her free hand outstretched to lean on the nearby wall for support.

(Y/N) — that was her name, right? She didn't look so good. Worse than when he spoke to her earlier.

Fizzarolli tried to shake it off and enjoy the party with his mate, downing the rest of his drink and introducing himself to Charlie's mother. But something just didn't sit right in Fizz's gut, especially after he noticed a burly four-armed sinner quietly sneaking out of the banquet hall into the lobby, and he eventually left his lover's side and started for the double doors.

Asmodeus turned his head, looking down at him in slight confusion. "Where are you going, Fizzy?"

"Uh, sorry, Oz," Fizz replied, rubbing the back of his neck. "I just got a bad feeling about something. Wanna go check it out real fast. I'll be right back."

Asmodeus raised an eyebrow, unconvinced, but said nothing as Fizzarolli strode out of the banquet hall.

A frown tugged at Fizzarolli's lips. This most definitely wasn't right, and he mentally scolded himself for not saying something earlier.

Fizz had lived in the Lust ring too long not to realize it — he knew what it looked like when someone's drink had been spiked.

When he reached the foyer, he shoved open one of the front doors to find no one outside. His brows furrowed, an apprehensive suspicion growing in his stomach, and he slowly walked outside and down the front steps.