130. The News

---

"So, you remember how I said I bought something while you were away?"

Striker sat up in his place in bed beside me and raised an eyebrow, a playful smirk tugging at his lips. "Why, yes, I do," he drawled. "Now just what did a sweet little girl like you buy that you couldn't say in front of anybody else?" His hand slithered under the covers to lightly squeeze the flesh on my thigh. "I can only assume it's a new toy, hm?"

The heat rose in my cheeks, and I rolled over on my side to open the bottom drawer of my nightstand. "Well, actually," I started shyly, "I was wondering if you'd help me make a new one."

"Beg your pardon?"

I turned back to him and presented the box I had grabbed. "I have a kit that I can use to make a mold of your—your dick," I stammered, my face growing hotter at my words. "Y'know, for when you're away on a job or something. . ."

Striker slowly eyed the plastic packaging in my hands for a moment, then looked back at me and said flatly, "I'll think about it."

I scrunched my mouth, partly disappointed in his answer, and tossed the box back into the drawer. "Fine."

---

"He popped the question?"

I nodded excitedly as Alastor took my hand and examined the engagement ring on my finger. His eyes and signature smile widened, and he welcomingly held out his arms for me, to which I responded by stepping forward and giving him a tight hug.

"Congratulations, my dear!" he exclaimed, returning the embrace and patting my back. "You two make such a lovely couple!"

"Thank you, Al," I said, leaning my head against his.

Alastor released me to bend down slightly and add with a humored grin, "You know, (Y/N), I think it is worth mentioning that he did once mistakenly refer to you as his wife."

Butterflies briefly fluttered in my stomach, and I felt the heat rising in my cheeks. "Really?" I muttered.

"Oh, yes," he answered. "I was present for the whole thing." He chuckled to himself. "Truth be told, I was wondering how long it was going to take him to finally ask you after that."

"When was this?" I sputtered.

"Oh, some eight months or so ago," he replied matter-of-factly before linking his arm with mine. "Come, we simply must share the good news with the others!"

We strolled down the sidewalk to the hotel from a nearby café, Alastor hooking my arm around his. He clapped his hand over mine, eventually taking my finger and examining my engagement ring.

"It's quite a unique ring he picked out for you," he commented. "I assume it was custom made, yes?"

"It was," I answered. "He had it made when he was in Envy last month."

"It's lovely," he said. "He has good taste. The serpents were a nice touch."

I smiled gleefully as we approached the hotel entrance, hopping up the front steps and following Alastor through the ornate double doors.

"Ah, Charlie!" he called when we spotted Charlie and Vaggie conversing in the parlor. "Our dear (Y/N) has some exciting news to share with all of you!"

"Oh, hey, (Y/N)," said Vaggie. "Do you actually have some news to tell us, or is Alastor just exaggerating again?"

Alastor and I walked up to them, and, with a grin still plastered on my face, and held out my hand for the two women to see. "Striker proposed to me."

"No way," Vaggie said, taking my hand to view my ring. She smiled at me and added, "Congrats, (Y/N)! The ring is gorgeous."