27) Face Mask

Leah's POV:

I carefully took some of the mask from the pot and applied it onto her right cheek, I kept focused not wanting to embarrass myself I gently spread the mask onto her face spreading it from her right cheek to her cheekbone, our eyes catch each others gaze as we stared into each others eyes, we locked into a stare before I felt the heat fill my cheeks and looked away. Her crystal emerald eyes widen as she looks into my eyes, I can't help but watch as her eyes then flick away back and forth into my gaze. I moved on to put the mask on to her nose and the other cheek, then to her forehead and down to her chin. I made sure it was spread evenly and once I was happy I asked Scarlett if she was happy. To which she was and I'm relieved she is otherwise that would have been embarrassing.

"Okay guys, we will leave this on for a little while. Why don't we do our nails?" Scarlett offers with a smile, I haven't done my nails in so long it would be great just to paint them again.

"Ooo yes please!" I exclaim without thinking.

Else joins me in the excitement as she declares that she is old enough for her nails to be painted now. She is only a toddler but Scarlett seems willing and nods her head. We all agree with having our nails painted apart from Lizzie who has acrylics on for her work which we all happily agree. She volunteers to paint others though. It has been so long since I've had a day like this so I'm super excited and it feels really nice to have a night with everyone where we can just relax.

We send Lizzie to grab her nail polish which she had conveniently stored in a large basket, after five minutes she comes back and I have to admit we're not going to run out of choice on colour.

"So Rose what colour are we thinking?" I ask her as we all lay out the colours so she can see her choices.

After she looks through all of the colour choices available she has brought it down to a baby yellow or a light pink. She has an adorable thinking face on as she can't decide which want she wants. After another ten minutes of us all waiting for her to choose she goes for a light pink which I think is adorable. Next up to choose is Scarlett who is looking through them all and rather quickly goes for a royal red, it will look great. I think red is definitely one of her colours as well as a black, although black for more like dresses not for her nails. But she would look great with any colour she chose. Wait. Why am I so focused on what colour she looks best in? God I need to stop.

It's now my turn and I have a look before I spot a darkish green that looks really nice, deciding that's the colour I'm going for I pick it up and put it with the other nail polishes.

"Okay, who wants to do who's?" I ask with excitement.

"Oo oo oo! Can aun'ie Wizzie do mwine? I like her nails." We all break out into laughter as she sounded exactly like an owl, however she doesn't seem to understand that's why we're laughing. I think she thinks we are laughing at her because she asked Lizzie to do her nails as her head slumps down and she looks at the floor. I quickly jump  in and try to make her feel better.

"Of course you can Rosie, don't worry about those two. There so silly sometimes!" I exaggerate causing her to look up at me with a small smile.

"Weah mommy ou siwwy!" She states plainly which causes both of Lizzie and Scarlett's attention to be drawn back to us.

"Who's silly? Hmm." Scarlett asks and her face turns stern like a switch.

"Weah did!" What a snitch. Scarlett turns her head towards me and gives me the signature look of her singular raised eyebrow. I shift slightly in my seat before defending myself.

"I was just trying to make her laugh which now seems like I have succeeded in." I poorly defend myself.

"Mommy I fink da naugh'y corwner." Rose suggests making me gasp as I turn around.