25) Trust

Leah's POV:

"Yes please if that's okay." She mumbles towards me. I have to admit I was surprised that she said she would ask me, I would have thought she would have needed to ask Lizzie for help with something like this but I am more than happy to help her to have a bath.

We slowly make our way towards the downstairs bathroom which is next to Scarlett's bedroom, I give her a hand as she makes her way into her room. Whilst she takes a seat I take her bag that she has next to her bed, it has all the creams and stuff that she is supposed to put into her baths and everything. I also take out the cream for her ankle, she has a boot which can be taken off but she can't fully submerge it into the water.

"Hey Scarlett do you have towel or something you want to use?" I ask her wanting to make sure we do everything how she wants to.

"Erm any is fine I guess." I nod my head as I look over to see she has brought herself a set of loose pyjama shorts and a baggy shirt for after.

"Okay, now do you want to wear something whilst in the bath or do you want to go with nothing it's completely up to you." I offer knowing she has shown a new level of vulnerability and it trusting me which I know must be a hard thing to do.

"Erm I'm okay with just me I don't know why but I trust you." The fact she said she trusts me means the world to me.

Scarlett's POV:

For some reason I just trust her I mean I haven't known her for long yet I have this feeling in my stomach to believe every word she says. She gives me these butterflies in my stomach and I just can't seem to shake them. As I'm watching her move around my room and grabbing everything it's as though she has done this a million times before. Finally after collecting what seems like a mountain of things she turns around to me with a smile and gestures to the shower.

I can still feel the butterflies in my stomach as I hobble into the bathroom. Inside there are four towels on the side as well as everything that's supposed to go into the bath and then there's the cream for my privates and I can't help but blush at the idea of her doing this with me.

"Okay, Scarlett. So I have two towels to prop up your foot, I think I can wash it whilst it is out of the bath so we are following the guide from the doctors, then I have the stuff I'm supposed to put into your bath and then the cream. You can deal with that I think. Then I have your normal body wash and shampoo and conditioner." She rambles on as though she is going through it on a list in her head.

"Seems like you've got it all sorted." I sarcastically reply with a smirk.

There's in an awkward silence for a second before I stand up and shuffle a little, she seems to understand what I'm doing as she blushes, her cheeks turning a bright red. She walks over to the water and starts the flow as she turns the taps on, she checks the water isn't going to be too hot. Once happy she takes come of the medicine and pours it into the bath, not without measuring it out properly first. Once happy she seems to freeze for a second before turning to me as she fiddles with her fingers as she looks to the floor. It seems to be her signature move when she feels as though it's getting awkward.

"Erm do you want me to go or I can help?" I can't help but chuckle at her awkward behaviour. I never thought she would be the awkward one when she was the snappy and sarcastic one in the hospital that no one wanted to visit. Maybe I did soften her up a little.

"It's okay, why don't you just turn around until I'm in the water then you can turn back." I suggest not fully confident in showing myself to her completely.

She simply smiles and nods her head before turning around on the spot. I can't help the giggle that escapes me as she has taken my word so literal. I take a seat on the chair that has been placed in the bathroom and start by taking off my shirt and bra, I then work my way round to take off my pants. I then move to unbuckle my boot, once all the Velcro and everything is removed I don't move my foot in fear of hurting it again and simply balance on one leg before taking off my panties.